Sunday, June 29, 2014

Last of the Tumblers…

The last of the quilts that I've made recently for Project Linus are complete with labels and donated...this is the blue one that was made in tandem with this one...

The quilting was free-motioned from side to side and I think almost gave it a watery feel…  I wanted to try and get out of my comfort zone with all over meandering, but it was hard to keep it wide and fluid.  It was tempting to get too close together and almost too dense.  None the less I’m happy with the results and glad to get another ticked off the list.

In other news I celebrated another birthday and DD1 made me the most delicious cupcakes from this recipe.  Such a tasty treat!!

Until next time...♥

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Medallion for Linus

Back in February I made a block for a class I was teaching and rather than throw it into the box of orphans, I decided to keep going and add a few more rounds.  It’s ended up being a rather bright and cheery quilt ..perfect for Project Linus. :o)

The quilting is simple enough and I used the pink border as an opportunity to try out my feathering skills.  I’m having to remember to try different things outside meandering as that has become my go-to free motion shape.  I need to think outside the box and get more adventurous :o)

Until next time...♥

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Double-sided Quilt

You've heard of double-sided tape, double-sided printing, what about a double-sided quilt?  Well that’s exactly what I did with this latest project. 

This is the front..a combination of my Sew Happy Blocks and my signature blocks from an exchange we did at Rocheberie Quilters back in 2011. The top was completed in 2012, but it has taken me this long to get it basted and quilted.  I think part of the reason it took so long is that it’s so busy, but when I came up for a plan for the back, it was too good an idea to put off.

(BTW if you want to see DD1’s version…she posted about it back in May)

This is the back!  It is all the signature blocks from the swap I did back in early 2009 with many of you from Blogland.  Some of these blocks are very well travelled as they came from all around the world to the USA and then shipped to me in the UK!  I liked the setting that Liz used..(see the last picture) so I went with that idea.

So how about that..3 different projects all pulled together into one! A great success in my book :o)

Until next time...♥

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tumbler Quilt (2 more quilts to follow soon...)

Here is the first of 2 tumbler quilts that have been finished for Project Linus. I'm really pleased with how well it's turned out.  I've been meaning to post about my recent finishes in the last week or so, but we've had computer issues!  Grrr..and nothing seems to work like it did before.  Everything from getting pictures off the camera to the blogger editor I was using is different and it's taken me all afternoon to work it out!  So this will be a really picture heavy, wordless it's late and my children are waiting for their dinner! :o) Enjoy!

Until next time...

Wednesday, June 04, 2014


Time for a catch-up!   Ok, so 3 weeks have gone by and a lot has been happening..some blog worthy..some not so blog worthy!  The not so blog worthy stuff is nothing major, just things like enduring enjoying the 1 hour and 30 minute summer concert in the cramped school hall with up-teen other lovely parents where personal space rules are thrown right out the window!  Things like painting the kitchen!  (Yes, Honey it did take a WHOLE week…sorry about that…) Things like accepting that your DD2 has less than 2 months of primary school and the big wide world of high school is just around the corner!!  Eeek!  So see..nothing major, just life…

We couldn’t have timed the painting of the kitchen better.  While we painted, the weather did what it could to make us feel less guilty about being in all week…it rained!!!  I sure hope that all this rain we’ve been having is just working itself out of its system to give us a glorious summer. 

In other news, my seaside sewing became a pillow…

The colours were inspired by the unfinished quilt in the background with the idea that when they are both finished that DD1 will have a coordinated set for her room.  (Have I mentioned I don’t have a coordinated set!!) oh the things we do for our children!!

I used S.O.T.A.K.Handmade’s tutorial for a zippered back and it worked brilliantly!  I also used a 18” filler pillow even though my block was 16” so that it filled the corners and made it really plump!  A great tip that I will use again :o)

Until next time...♥