Saturday, January 31, 2015

A few late finishes in 2014...

I don’t know how many completed quilts I made in 2014, however these two were the last of the year. This blue and white quilt was one I completed using quilt-as-you-go as seen HERE. It was all done by machine and as a result it was a quick finish and has been donated to Project Linus.

This hexagon quilt which you might recall from here was completed and given to my niece for Christmas. I’m thrilled with the results and would definitely make another.

Until next time...♥

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Instagram recap...

Time for an Instagram recap...all pictures from the last month or so..

Warwick Castle

Yarn bombed tree in Stratford Upon Avon

My OLD Bernina that got a new lease on life when the fabulous DH fixed an exploded capacitor with parts from Maplins...total cost £4...Happy wife Priceless!

Christmas Tourtiere Recipe HERE

Another freebie block by Lori on Instagram #mrsnowmansewalong

Swedish berries from Canada...Yummy!

The world easiest, but most impressive Christmas bake: Oreos, white chocolate and crushed candy canes... (recipe HERE)

I think I have a spotty addiction (the mug and fabric were bought on the same day!)

Amaryllis in full bloom, one of winter’s little pleasures...

Until next time...♥

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Christmas Quilt...

I’m only a month behind sharing this, but better late than never. Lori from Bee in my Bonnet was doing a fun challenge of Christmas blocks on Instagram based on her book Quilty Fun.

I started with one block, then another and before I knew it I was hooked. It was better than an advent calendar as each day I waited to see what was next.

The blocks came together quickly and before I knew it a lap sized quilt was made, quilted and bound. Just in time too as DD2 succumbed to the flu and needed a quilt with extra healing powers. It did the job nicely and kept many others snuggly warm over the holiday season.

Until next time...♥

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner...

It is certainly time for an update...my apologies for the gap in transmission, but if I'm completely honest, my blogging mojo went on holiday. With any luck it’s back :o). I know a couple of people (hi Sarah and Caroline) missed me and sent out the search party, and thankfully I was found safe and sound :o)

Just because I've taken a break from blogging doesn't mean I've been sitting on my hands...oh no, I have been busy and I have taken some pictures along the way to share. So at least between now and the end of the month I should have enough blog fodder for a few more posts :o)

Rather than catch you up in chronological order I'm going to jump in and share my most exciting news. Last November Lynda, from Project Linus, set a few of us a challenge. We were given a 1/2 yard of focus fabric and a crib sized piece of wadding and asked to make a quilt for Project Linus.

Last Saturday the quilts were put on show at Rocheberie Quilters and voted on. Guess who won?  (Can’t believe it…there were so many beautiful quilts in the room!)

As soon as I saw the piece of fabric I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I worked out that I could cut exactly 10 - 8" squares from the dog fabric and that I could pair that with 10 appliqued blocks.. That would give me a setting of 4 x 5 and with a border it would fit the wadding perfectly.

I also took this opportunity to try a little Free-Motion Applique. It's something that I've wanted to try since I bought Poppy's book last summer. Let me tell you, it was so much FUN!

And as an added bonus I found the perfect red dog and bone fabric in my stash for the borders.

My prize: A lovely layer cake and a book on pre-cuts. Thanks Lynda...I'm going to have fun with this!

Until next time...♥