Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Project Linus 4 of 4

Ok this is it for now... Last few quilts that have gone to Project Linus.  First up my leaders and enders of 2” squares.  The box was overflowing so I just started sewing them together.  First in pairs, then in sets of 3, then 9 patches etc…

It was a bit tedious, but the end result gave me a very colourful quilt.  It made me think of Elmer the Patchwork Elephant so that had to get included on the back.

I’m not sure the DD1 wanted to see this one go :o)

This next one was a fast pieced block using some shirts from the car boot.  I opted for the centre to be orange to give it some pop.

And used some child-friendly fabric on the back and a combination of machine quilting and big stitch to hold it all together.

Last but not least is this Simply Woven Quilt using the Moda Bake Shop pattern.  What a great way to use up some 2 1/2” strips. 

I did an all-over flowery pattern.  I got my lefts and my rights a bit muddled to start, but once I got a rhythm going it was quite effective.

Until next time...♥

13 comments:

Terry said...

Great quilts! I love the first one, and Elmer is adorable! :0)

Bekah said...

Elmer was so cute!!!

Janet said...

LOVE the elephant! What a wonderful one patch quilt :0)

Chookyblue...... said...

great effort on those quilts.....they will be loved........

Katherine said...

Still smiling over Elmer the elephant - what a fun addition to a great quilt! Admiring your productivity and generosity, Jane. Well done!

Lynette said...

I just LOVE the leader-ender quilt! It turned out perfectly cheery, and Elmer on the back is fantabulous.

Linda said...

Great quilts! Love your idea of putting Elmer on the back. I love Elmer.

Adele Hoyt said...

Elmer on the back is SO clever, absolutely adore it. My next quilt will be the woven quilt. Thanks for sharing!

Needled Mom said...

Lovely finishes! I like that elephant too.

Thimbleanna said...

Fabulous Jane! I think my favorite is the first one -- I've always wanted to do a postage stamp style quilt -- and what a clever little back on that one. Too Cute!!!

Tanya said...

I love your Elmer's quilt! What a great idea to applique Elmer onto the back. I have a bin of overflowing 2in. squares too and have been thinking they need to be made into something... And maybe I'm going to limit leaders/enders to 2 1/2 in. squares!

{Geo}Holly said...

Wow, wow, wow Jane! I love ALL your Project Linus quilts - all the posts. They are such happy quilts.

Kate North said...

Looking great! Your finished Linus quilts make me feel slightly sheepish about my tops only - but my coordinator is always happy to see them, and that's what counts! :)