Thursday, June 11, 2015

Project Linus 2 of 4

Here's the next lot :o)  This first quilt was a demo I did a Rocheberie back in October.  You might recall me posting the same tutorial here too.  Again I made more than enough blocks to make another quilt for Linus.  As a straight set would have meant a lot of bulky seams meeting in the same place I decided to add some sashing in red to space the blocks out.  By doing this it made the 6 x 7 setting more square.

Again I did some all over meandering…have you guessed it’s a favourite of mine?

Next up a mishmash of disappearing nine patch squares. I love the effect of the star in the middle and the pinwheel variation.

Last one for today…another orphan quilt.  You might recognize the centre block from 2011 when I guest posted on Sew We Quilt and the rest of the blocks are a mix of spare blocks from my stash and the Linus stash. 

Until next time...♥

9 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- another great batch of quilts Jane! I love the way you added the extra strip to the blocks in the first quilt -- very, very clever!

audrey said...

Love how bright the first quilt is! Wonderful to see these great quilts.:)

Chookyblue...... said...

3 finished quilts well done..........especially like the red one at the top..........

Timi said...

I love them all!!! They look GREAT!!!

Shirley said...

They all look great Jane.

Jo said...

I love the first quilt. What a great idea to put in a sashing to stagger the seams....

Needled Mom said...

Those look great. I love that first one.

Bekah said...

Awesome! I'm a fan of that first one!

Tanya said...

You sure have an amazing assortment of quilts! What wonderful gifts of love!