Ten quilts! I never imagined that sewing up all the samples from the last 4 years of teaching would yield 10 quilts. Though I have to be honest that part of the reason I got so many is that it has been my intention in the last six months or so of making samples that they would be completed and passed on to Project Linus. I figured it was a win-win for both myself and the charity. As 10 is a lot to post in one go I thought I’d spread it over the next 10 days so you can see what I’ve been up to since February.
First up - a quilt measuring 48” square. Some of you might recognize it as Ryan’s Ribbon block,
but unfortunately the tutorial has disappeared. UPDATE: Thanks Verna for the link. Seems it is back again :o)
I completed it with some all over meandering.
Next is a mixed bag of flying geese units from a basics class I ran last year paired with some orphan blocks.
I had a go at a more boxy all over quilting design… it worked well but I didn’t find it as much fun as meandering as I had to stay focused not to box myself into a corner :o)
Last one for today..the orphan extravaganza! This is everything I’ve made that wasn’t part of a bigger project. Random half square triangles, some Linda Franz quilted diamonds, some Sharon Schamber Piecelique, Migrating Geese and even some 3D bowties.
If you look carefully you can see the grid of 9 sections. Each section measures 16”. It was a great method to sew all these odd sizes together.
It worked really well and I used everything but the kitchen sink :o)
Until next time...♥