As soon as I saw the early pictures from Lori’s (Bee in my Bonnet) new book I knew it was hopeless to resist…I HAD to get this book. Lucky for me there is a supplier in the U.K. (Kaleidoscope Books) and as soon as they got delivery mine was sent out to me. This is the first book that I have ever bought where I have jumped right in and started making blocks. Normally books get bought and then sit on the shelf for a few years with thoughts of “one day…”
I think one of the things that appeals to me about this book is the bright colours that Lori uses. I already had a stash of 30’s fabrics and 5 - 6” blocks from another pattern and thought it made sense to add to them using the patterns in Lori’s book.
I’ve been busy making more 6” blocks that I really like as well as watching with interest as to what Lori’s shares on her Farm Girl Friday posts.
These blocks are “sew” much fun to make, but unfortunately I made one little mistake …can you spot it?
It was the wing on the bird.
I couldn’t believe it!
I went running up to my husband and said, “ok, now for just a second I want you to pretend you are a quilter that understands the satisfaction of perfectly matched points..now look at the wing on the bird! Now I want you to have the sympathy of a fellow quilter that understands how distressed I am that I have to unpick those perfect points to fix the wing”
Hubby did his best to understand while I got out my seam ripper.
Luckily the wing went back in as well as it did the first time and my points aren’t too bad either :o)
After making 7 blocks and adding them to the other 5, I have decided to put them in the barn setting as illustrated in Lori’s book. It’s really nice just sewing away and not having to work out the math. I’m really enjoying this project :o)
Until next time...♥