It is certainly time for an update...my apologies for the gap in transmission, but if I'm completely honest, my blogging mojo went on holiday. With any luck it’s back :o). I know a couple of people (hi Sarah and Caroline) missed me and sent out the search party, and thankfully I was found safe and sound :o)
Just because I've taken a break from blogging doesn't mean I've been sitting on my hands...oh no, I have been busy and I have taken some pictures along the way to share. So at least between now and the end of the month I should have enough blog fodder for a few more posts :o)
Rather than catch you up in chronological order I'm going to jump in and share my most exciting news. Last November Lynda, from Project Linus, set a few of us a challenge. We were given a 1/2 yard of focus fabric and a crib sized piece of wadding and asked to make a quilt for Project Linus.
Last Saturday the quilts were put on show at Rocheberie Quilters and voted on. Guess who won? (Can’t believe it…there were so many beautiful quilts in the room!)
As soon as I saw the piece of fabric I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I worked out that I could cut exactly 10 - 8" squares from the dog fabric and that I could pair that with 10 appliqued blocks.. That would give me a setting of 4 x 5 and with a border it would fit the wadding perfectly.
I also took this opportunity to try a little Free-Motion Applique. It's something that I've wanted to try since I bought Poppy's book last summer. Let me tell you, it was so much FUN!
And as an added bonus I found the perfect red dog and bone fabric in my stash for the borders.
My prize: A lovely layer cake and a book on pre-cuts. Thanks Lynda...I'm going to have fun with this!
Until next time...♥