Sunday, January 25, 2015

Christmas Quilt...

I’m only a month behind sharing this, but better late than never. Lori from Bee in my Bonnet was doing a fun challenge of Christmas blocks on Instagram based on her book Quilty Fun.

I started with one block, then another and before I knew it I was hooked. It was better than an advent calendar as each day I waited to see what was next.

The blocks came together quickly and before I knew it a lap sized quilt was made, quilted and bound. Just in time too as DD2 succumbed to the flu and needed a quilt with extra healing powers. It did the job nicely and kept many others snuggly warm over the holiday season.

Until next time...♥

11 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Don't you just love a quilt with healing powers??? I am glad it was put to good use right away. Lovely quilt!

Needled Mom said...

It is charming and a lovely get well gift.

Jill said...

What a fun quilt! I'm glad you're back.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's fabulous... what a wonderful quilt!
And a healing one... awesome!

YankeeQuilter said...

Love Christmas quilts...and one started and finished in the same year are extra special!

sewkalico said...

Awww! It's lovely to see it keeping your daughter warm! Lovely quilt Jane x

Ellyn said...

it's beautiful! what a great finish for you

Sandra said...

Fab quilt - I'm in awe of your skill, I don't really have the patience for all that precision with quilting! Hope all well again now x

Timi said...

WOW! Another beautiful quilt!
I love it!!!

Lynn/Kitty said...

I really loved seeing these all over Instagram - so many different variations. Yours is gorgeous. I hope your DD2 is all better now? x

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Yay -- you got it all quilted! It looks great Jane!