Friday, November 07, 2014

Making me Smile…

Ijust had to share a few things...first off a funny story..Have a look at the picture below... Doesn’t that horse look like it’s trying to say something!!?  DD2 was doing her best “Here horsey horsey…” but the horse wasn’t interested.

Then along came my husband who declared he could get the horse to come over (yeah right!?) …all he did was bend at the waist and bow towards the horse with his hands behind his back and like magic the horse came over!  I couldn’t believe it.  Apparently he heard that trick on T.V…and amazingly it worked.  Any horse lovers out there..can’t you explain that?

In other news I got these heart blocks together.  I had intended for the hearts to be going all the same way, only to discover as I sewed the last seam that I got them head to head…oh well..I’m afraid it is going to stay that way.  I just have the binding to do and then I can call this Linus quilt done.  :o)

Lastly, I wanted to share this link to an egg-free delicious oaty cookie recipe.  It was originally posted by Attic24 back in 2010.  It took me awhile to try it out, but I’m kicking myself for taking so long to try it.  Oh and by the way…it’s quite yummy if you substitute the raisins for chocolate chips..just saying :o)

Until next time...♥

4 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

One of my guilds makes lap quilts for chemo patients at our local hospital. In February, we are to make heart blocks....I may copy your idea for my block....A child will certainly feel the love emanating from that quilt!

Janet said...

Your scrappy hearts quilt is lovely. It made me smile - I'm sure it will have that effect on others :0)

Thimbleanna said...

Now Jane. You've completely ruined that cookie by throwing choc. chips in there LOL! (I'm a raisin lover!!!) Love your pretty heart quilt -- no matter which way they're facing!

SuperMomNoCape said...

If you hadn't mentioned that the hearts were supposed to be the other way around, I would have thought that you arranged the hearts that way on purpose to create the diamond in the middle. I'm sure that it will be cuddled, love and treasures by whoever it is given to.