Friday, November 14, 2014

Instagram Update…

If you follow me on Instagram then you've seen all these pictures… move along… nothing new to see here! :o)  If you don’t, then here’s what I’ve been posting over the last week or so.

First up…I did a little fabric shopping at the Bramble Patch.  I couldn’t resist this bundle in the sales bin..I also found two more coordinating fabrics to round it out to 10 lovely fat quarters.  I have no idea what I’ll use them for, but I’m sure inspiration will strike soon!

Last weekend DD1 came home for a long weekend visit.  I always find that when she comes home that I want to make the most yummiest of foods so I made these delicious Honey Yeast Rolls from Annie’s Eats.  They didn’t last long and were well liked by everyone!

Posting pictures of shoes (particularly toes) and pictures of hot drinks seem to be pretty popular on Instagram…and now I know why!  Before I knew it I was posting a picture or two of my hot drinks..but more specifically about my new mug.  I lost a mug in a dishwasher accident, so treated myself to a new one.  I have to consciously avoid the mug aisle in Sainsbury’s or I would be buying a new mug every week…there are so many pretty ones!!

Lastly..Lori Holt from Bee in my Bonnet has been invading my every thought..but in a good way.  She is posting a quilt-a-long Christmas version of her famous Quilty Fun Quilt on IG.  Every few days she posts a new block in Christmas fabrics and there have even been some new blocks too.  I started with the Christmas tree and before I knew it I was “dreaming of a new block”  (not a “White Christmas”)  I even made some of Lori’s design boards to help me stay organized. 

If you are familiar with any of Lori’s work then you know she loves to use the easy corner method.  (sewing triangles by sewing diagonally on a square) So I got the old girl out and put her to work.

So far I have the mug and the tree done so I’m almost caught up before the next block gets revealed.  I don’t know what possessed me to start another Christmas project…but it just looked like so much fun!

Until next time...♥

6 comments:

Karen said...

Great pics, Jane. I love the stack of fabric best - but that's probably no surprise!

Timi said...

These Christmas quilts look great!
I love your new mug! It's beautiful! And I am going to check these honey yeast rolls because they look so yummy! :O)

Jill said...

I really like the background fabric you've used. It looks like swirling snow, great choice!

audrey said...

Wonderful pictures. Thanks for the link to the yeast rolls! Got to try those.:)

Bekah said...

I love all the pictures - and you do always make amazingly yummy foods!! :)

Chookyblue...... said...

I don't do IG so glad you have posted here...........nice bundle of fabrics......