Sunday, August 10, 2014

In Need of Colour…

If you are in the U.K. today you only need to look out the window to understand the title of my post…it’s so dark and grey today, so to cheer myself and you up how about a colourful post.  First up a picture that my DD2 wanted me to share with you.  Like many children her age she is in full bloom loom band making mode.  She has made 13 bracelets, several little creatures and a dragon with over 300 bands alone… A great fad that seems to have taken kids by storm that not only has got them off the computer but got them creating.  I love it!

I have also been sewing up a storm getting things ready for the upcoming school year.  With DD2 heading to high school and needing to carry a lot more stationery I figured a new and improved pencil case was in order.  So I dug out the old patterns and settled on the Sew Together Bag.  When I made mine last year, my poor sewing machine grumbled at the final thick seam, but this time I had Sookie to help me out and she breezed through without so much as a grumble or a pop.

DD2 picked her own colours and I followed along and you know what?  Her colours are FAB together.  I love the pinks and the use of greens (what a combo) and the colour coordinated pockets.  With such a great system she should stay very organized.

Until next time...♥

11 comments:

eva said...

It is beautiful and the colors are wonderful together! I have done a few myself and they are so much fun to do.

The Cozy Quilter said...

DD2 did a great job picking out fabrics for her case. I love her bracelets too.

Jo said...

That's a great pencil case. You can fit heaps in. Grouse colours too

Ellyn said...

awesome sew together bag! I haven't tried this one yet but really want to!

Jill said...

Wow, fantastic bag and colors! I've been looking at this bag a while and wondering which fabrics I'd use. Still haven't made up my mind. I really like how the pockets coordinate with the zipper colors.
The bracelets are wonderful. I need to see a demo as I can't figure out how and pile of bands gets transformed into bracelets.

Terry said...

Great bag! :0)

Timi said...

These bracelets look fantastic!!!
And the pencil case: just great!!! I like it! :o)

Cathi said...

What a fantastic pencil case! The colour choices are wonderful!

Karendianne said...

Those colors are great! So fab her mom has the best happy stash to work with.

I love those bright bracelets. I've spied them everywhere but never think to get one or five for myself.

Your pictures make everything even better, as always! *kdlee.

Thimbleanna said...

Ooooh, what pretty colors! I love your sew together bag and I'll bet your daughter does too!

Kate North said...

Great pencil case, Jane! (Alex has a great handmade pencil case as well, though not by me - it's a combination of mesh fabric and Dr Who fabric and was made by a bloggy friend after I admired the ones she'd done for party favours for one of her boys - doncha love bloggers?)

Hard to believe our little ones are heading to secondary school - my "baby" is going off as well, which means one doing A levels, one doing GCSEs and one in Year 7. Remember that picnic so long ago when the little ones were still so little!