Friday, July 18, 2014

Teacher’s Gifts…

It's that time of the school year again where we say good-bye for the summer.  It is particularly hard this time as DD2 is leaving her primary school and friends.  The chats at the school gate for me are coming to an end and the community that has seen me through ups and downs and thick and thin (waistline) will disperse as our children start a new journey in September at high school.

The last few years have been fabulous for my daughter at her school and this year was just the same.  Her 2 teachers worked so well as a team and always seem to know what was going on even though it was a job share.  As you can imagine I couldn’t let the year end without doing something special for those ladies who made the last year of primary so special.  So out came the patterns and the fabric and I made them each a Bento Lunch Bag and Dumpling Pouch which was then filled with goodies.  To add to the enjoyment of making them I dug out the hand crank Singer sewing machine and sat on the patio to sew them.  I loved every minute of it…even though it took a bit of ambidextrous coordination to hold the fabric and turn the crank with my right hand :o)

Inside each bag I included a mug, some tea, chocolates, biscuits and some sweets.  I hope they enjoy them.

Until next time...♥

12 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Lucky daughter to have such great teachers and lucky teachers to receive such wonderful end of year gifts!

Ellyn said...

I'm sure they loved their beautiful gifts! so thoughtful

Thimbleanna said...

What a wonderful idea for a teacher gift Jane -- I'll bet the ladies loved them!

Jill said...

What beautiful gifts! I love your little sewing machine and the fact that you can take it outside to sew.

Timi said...

These gifts are so beautiful and perfect!!!
I wish I could be a teacher...:o)))

Jo said...

They are such thoughtful gifts. Well done

Lucy said...

Lovely gifts Jane.

Elizabeth said...

LOVE all the fabrics, such an excellent idea too. I have made a few of the dumpling bags, they are so useful and the design looks good too. Guess what I'll be making when I get time...

L'il Pink Minx said...

Hi Jane, so long since I have read your blog - you have changed and cannot believe your daughter is leaving primary education! Boy where did that time go? Lovely to see all your makes - I've been buy in different ways but may start doing some sewing again soon.xxx

Bekah said...

Those are so pretty! Can I have one? :P

alexa said...

I have no doubt those teachers will LOVE your beautiful work. Such thoughtfulness!

Karen said...

Pretty, pretty bags and I see your beautiful hand crank machine. Love it!