Friday, July 04, 2014

Cover Up!

It was time to give Sookie a cover, so after scouring Pinterest I came up with this version of a half and half cover.

As one end of my machine has a big fly wheel and guard I couldn’t be symmetrical with the design, so capped off one end, while leaving the other end exposed and secured with a tie.

The pieces were quilted and then assembled wrong sides together.  Then the raw seams got covered in binding to finish it off and give it another bit of detail.

Hopefully this will help keep the dust off a bit and also makes my sewing corner look pretty when not in use :o)

Until next time...♥

7 comments:

Lynda said...

Very smart! Love the beautifully even hand quilting stitches!

antique quilter said...

looks great! I need to make one of these too.
of course love that its red and white :)
Kathie

Ann J said...

Lovely - so cute too!

Hannele said...

Very clever - and beautiful!

Thimbleanna said...

What a great idea to leave one end open -- I haven't seen a cover like that. And it's VERY pretty to boot!

Timi said...

This cover is a great idea!!!
I have to make one for my machine, too.. :o)

Liz said...

I am going to need one for Sally the Singer that I bought for the theatre. Sally is an old girl and certainly no where near as pretty as Sookie without her dress on.