Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Whoosh…

Time for a catch-up!   Ok, so 3 weeks have gone by and a lot has been happening..some blog worthy..some not so blog worthy!  The not so blog worthy stuff is nothing major, just things like enduring enjoying the 1 hour and 30 minute summer concert in the cramped school hall with up-teen other lovely parents where personal space rules are thrown right out the window!  Things like painting the kitchen!  (Yes, Honey it did take a WHOLE week…sorry about that…) Things like accepting that your DD2 has less than 2 months of primary school and the big wide world of high school is just around the corner!!  Eeek!  So see..nothing major, just life…

We couldn’t have timed the painting of the kitchen better.  While we painted, the weather did what it could to make us feel less guilty about being in all week…it rained!!!  I sure hope that all this rain we’ve been having is just working itself out of its system to give us a glorious summer. 

In other news, my seaside sewing became a pillow…

The colours were inspired by the unfinished quilt in the background with the idea that when they are both finished that DD1 will have a coordinated set for her room.  (Have I mentioned I don’t have a coordinated set!!) oh the things we do for our children!!

I used S.O.T.A.K.Handmade’s tutorial for a zippered back and it worked brilliantly!  I also used a 18” filler pillow even though my block was 16” so that it filled the corners and made it really plump!  A great tip that I will use again :o)

Until next time...♥

10 comments:

Laura said...

You didn't show us your newly painted kitchen!

Janet said...

Your pillow turned out so beautiful! I love your quilting! I made one at Christmastime in Christmas colors - now I'm thinking I should make another in different colors - it's a reall pretty applique pattern.

audrey said...

Your pillow is gorgeous! We do spoil our kids don't we? lol It is a little frightening to see our kids grow up so fast.:)

Bekah said...

Oooooooh it's so PRETTY!!! Thank you!!! :D

Ellyn said...

I love your pillow! so pretty

Shirley said...

I use that tip for the pillow. It really does make them feel luxurious. Your daughter is going to have the best co ordinated room. You have been busy.

Thimbleanna said...

Ooooh, LOVE that pillow -- it's so PRETTY!!!!

Rose Marie said...

Love the pillow!

Lesauri said...

Hi just found your blog through Pinterest. Love your quilts and just looked at Migrating Geese. Looks wonderful and will have to make something using this. I live in Manitoba Canada.

Kitty said...

The cusion is gorgeous. I always use a cushion pad two inches bigger than the case - works wonders!