Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Medallion for Linus

Back in February I made a block for a class I was teaching and rather than throw it into the box of orphans, I decided to keep going and add a few more rounds.  It’s ended up being a rather bright and cheery quilt ..perfect for Project Linus. :o)

The quilting is simple enough and I used the pink border as an opportunity to try out my feathering skills.  I’m having to remember to try different things outside meandering as that has become my go-to free motion shape.  I need to think outside the box and get more adventurous :o)

Until next time...♥

9 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Another delightful finish, Jane! A child in need will be thrilled to receive this quilt.

Sue... said...

What a fantastic quilt, I love it!

Ellyn said...

that's a wonderful quilt! someone will be so blessed by it

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Jane! Your medallion block now looks perfect with the borders that you added. You're so clever -- and generous!!!

Timi said...

Oh, it's beautiful!!! I love its colour!!

audrey said...

Love the pops of red! This is a wonderful quilt--perfect for giving to a child.:)

Elizabeth said...

That quilt will certainly cheer someone up - it's so pretty.

Lesley said...

Your quilt is so pretty!

Sarah said...

Too pretty a. Block to end up in a box. Great idea to use it as the centre of the medallion. Your quilting looks great!