Sunday, June 29, 2014

Last of the Tumblers…

The last of the quilts that I've made recently for Project Linus are complete with labels and donated...this is the blue one that was made in tandem with this one...

The quilting was free-motioned from side to side and I think almost gave it a watery feel…  I wanted to try and get out of my comfort zone with all over meandering, but it was hard to keep it wide and fluid.  It was tempting to get too close together and almost too dense.  None the less I’m happy with the results and glad to get another ticked off the list.

In other news I celebrated another birthday and DD1 made me the most delicious cupcakes from this recipe.  Such a tasty treat!!

Until next time...♥

11 comments:

antique quilter said...

Happy birthday! the cupcakes look great!
love the tumbler quilt , very fun to make aren't they?
Kathie

nerospost said...

Happy Birthday Jane! This quilt is eye-catching! I love it, colours and the unique pattern! When I saw the photo first on my reader, I stopped for a second and thought hey this is something different! x Teje

Lesley said...

What a great little quilt...the quilting is perfect for it! Happy Birthday...how wonderful that hubby treated you with home made cupcakes,

Sue-Anne said...

Happy birthday Jane! Your Linus quilt looks fantastic and I'm sure will put a smile on the lucky recipient.

audrey said...

Happy birthday! Your stitching looks wonderful for the quilt.:)

Lynda said...

This quilt is even nicer in the flesh (as it were!). Many thanks from Project Linus. You're a star!

The Cozy Quilter said...

You must be completely out of scraps now! :-D Another great quilt!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Happy birthday Jane!

Thimbleanna said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jane! Another great quilt for Linus!

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy Birthday! Wonderful homemade treats make a birthday extra special!

Timi said...

Happy belated birthday!!! These cupcakes look yummy!!!