Saturday, June 21, 2014

Double-sided Quilt

You've heard of double-sided tape, double-sided printing, what about a double-sided quilt?  Well that’s exactly what I did with this latest project. 

This is the front..a combination of my Sew Happy Blocks and my signature blocks from an exchange we did at Rocheberie Quilters back in 2011. The top was completed in 2012, but it has taken me this long to get it basted and quilted.  I think part of the reason it took so long is that it’s so busy, but when I came up for a plan for the back, it was too good an idea to put off.

(BTW if you want to see DD1’s version…she posted about it back in May)

This is the back!  It is all the signature blocks from the swap I did back in early 2009 with many of you from Blogland.  Some of these blocks are very well travelled as they came from all around the world to the USA and then shipped to me in the UK!  I liked the setting that Liz used..(see the last picture) so I went with that idea.

So how about that..3 different projects all pulled together into one! A great success in my book :o)

Until next time...♥

11 comments:

Lesley said...

Utterly fantastic double sided quilt. Awesome!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love both sides of your quilt! I seem to have lost my quilting mojo these days but hope to find it soon.

Rose Marie said...

Love both quilts! Wonderful idea.

Ellyn said...

what a wonderful quilt!

Jackie said...

What an amazing quilt! I especially love the front - red is a favorite color or mine - and I love that there are little spots in the quilts that appear solid for the eyes to rest. Really gorgeous!

Elizabeth said...

WOW WOW WOW! amazing and such a good idea. Why didn't I think of putting two quilts together, saves quilting cost and backing fabric cost - such a great idea so thank you for showing your wonderful quilt, just love it.

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

I think I can see my block in the top,left corner. I am ashamed to say that my blocks are still just blocks. This has set me thinking.... I have another set of swap blocks which might just make a great 'other side'. Thanks for the idea.

Tanya said...

Both such pretty quilts! You are going to have a time choosing which side to use on which day!

Thimbleanna said...

I SEE my block LOL!!! (And I saw it before you zoomed in hahahah!) Ohmygosh! It looks fantastic! I need to finish mine -- what a great idea -- I LOVE that layout. I smell a copycat coming on!!!

Oh -- and I love the other side too. You're brilliant!

Karendianne said...

This made me happy! Whew, what a quilt. Great job. Beautifully happy visit as always. :)

antique quilter said...

love the quilts ok quilt but so fun!
thanks for sharing.
kathie