Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Two Tops…

These tumbler quilts weren't planned, but were simply a case of sewing and sewing until I ended up with a mass of blocks. I think I got a little carried away, but I sure had a good time making them and even better, the crumb box was empty for all of 5 minutes! Woohoo!

I tried two different arrangements…one where every other block was a plain to a pieced tumbler…

…and the second which consisted of mostly pieced tumblers.

I used half tumblers on the edge and bordered the top and bottom with the same fabric to give them a frame.  I think I like the second one best, but either way they will make fab i-spy quilts for Project Linus.  Now I just have to get them quilted up. :o)

Until next time...♥

5 comments:

Ellyn said...

so cute! I've been playing with tumblers too... now I'll have to make some pieced ones!

Jo said...

What a great use of your crumbs. Gives me a good idea

Thimbleanna said...

I definitely like the second one better too, but they're both great. What a great way to use your scraps!!!

Lynda said...

An empty crumb drawer - I thought they were mythical! Great quilts, and I too like the second one best.

Elizabeth said...

Wow! You stitch so quick - I need to give up the day job if I'm ever going to find time to stitch a quilt.