Monday, April 14, 2014

Talking ‘bout the Next Generation…

After completely 12 weeks of Sewing Club at the school the one person that I can really see has caught the sewing bug is my own daughter.  When she started joining me on a Monday afternoon I think she did it because she “had” to, but as time has gone on and her skill has improved she has started to ask to sew outside of class time.

I still have a few repairs to make to this Singer hand-crank, but as it is working DD2 wanted to have a go with it to work on her book cover that we were making in school.  The nice thing about it is that as she is the “motor” it can’t get away from her. 

Not stopping at book covers, she made a little duck for her friend’s birthday.  I helped her find a pattern and pressed the fabric wing with starch and freezer paper, but she did the rest on her own.  Little did I realize that while I haven’t been looking she has learned to thread her own needle, knot it with a quilters knot and also knot off at the end.

Until next time...♥

10 comments:

Ellyn said...

How wonderful that your dd has caught the sewing bug! she does great work!

Elizabeth said...

She has done well. You must be feeling so proud

The Cozy Quilter said...

How very creative she is! Her friend's gift is just ducky!

Shirley said...

Talent wins through. She obviously has your genes. Well done to you both.

audrey said...

So sweet! And fun for you to be able to share your quilting love.:)

Lynda said...

What a lovely smile on the cat's face - it's definitely eaten the canary!

Timi said...

:o) That cat looks great!
It's so good to see that you both love to sew! :o)
My daughter wants to learn to sew with a machine, too... I will show her your post! :o) I know she will love it! Specially the cat!!!

SIMPLESEW said...

Let her know she is inspiring and its so great to see the next generation sew and you can tell she is a natural..

Canadian Abroad said...

Oh you have got to be so, so proud. She is a natural!

Tanya said...

Awwww!!!!! If that isn't the absolutely cutest kitty cat book cover!!!!! What a fabric artist!!! Give her lots of hugs from a fan in Japan!