Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Sew Busy…

Last time I posted I told you how I was having some quality time with my new machine. So far I've sewn 3 tops and quilted 2 quilts...and I'm having a ball! As a result I'm not short on blog posts for the next couple of weeks so I'm lining them up ready for them to post through the upcoming Easter break. Goodness knows that once the children are home there will be no time for sewing or the computer.

So first up...The sunglasses quilt: I first posted about it HERE and HERE. This was a result of a combination of a donation of bright fabrics to Project Linus and seeing a great tutorial on the Missouri Star Quilt Company's YouTube channel.

 

It was the last thing I sewed on my old machine and the first to be quilted on the new one...and the results are great.

Hopefully it will be well liked and loved and will bring a little "bright" into someone's life.

Until next time...♥

7 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I looked at your quilt while having my breakfast...it is a ray of sunshine!

Ellyn said...

I know it will be well loved! so beautiful. I can't wait to see what else you've been up to

Paula, the quilter said...

I can see why you call it the Sunglasses quilt. Sew bright and cheery!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jane,
I've just found the Project Linus group in this area. I had lost my mojo with quilting as I couldn't see the point of making more quilts to stuff into more drawers, I had given plenty away too. finding the group solves my problem as I now have very good reason to stitch more quilts. Sometime ago I found the Missouri Star quilt company and their many tutorials, I had been itching to create some of their quilts as they are such fun projects but hadn't as I had no reason. Now I can go back to the web site and create. another good thing about the group I've found is that someone thee has a Longarm quilting machine so I don't need to quilt, something I've yet to master. Someone is going to love your pink quilt, it's very pretty.
Happy stitching, Elizabeth

Thimbleanna said...

How fun to see such bright, happy colors. That's a great pattern for project Linus too -- very cute Jane!

Liz said...

Glad you are making friends with it. The quilt will brighten someone's day I am sure.

Shirley said...

Bring on the posts Jane and it certainly will brighten someone's day. It looks great.