Friday, January 17, 2014

Meet Flopsy…

Back in 2006 when I first started blogging, one of the blogs that I read and admired was Julie’s blog Little Cotton Rabbits.  Julie makes the most amazing knitted rabbits that are so popular she raffles the opportunity to buy one of these precious works of art.  Every time a batch was ready I would enter the raffle and never win. 

Well in 2013, Julie released the pattern for these rabbits and I begged and pleaded with my eldest…knitter extraordinaire…that she make me one…  I waited patiently and guess what was under the Christmas tree…

Meet Flopsy!  Isn’t she cute?!  She has the most adorable legs and tiny red shoes with perfectly matched buttons.

Her ears flop to one side, but that makes her even more adorable and gives her an inquisitive look.  I think it gives her that, “whatcha doing?” look.

Flopsy takes pride and place in my sewing corner watching each stitch I take on the sewing machine.  I’m thrilled to bits and can’t say thank you to my daughter enough. 

If that gift wasn’t enough…look what else she put under the tree.  I’m looking forward to making my way through this little book of inspiration.  I will never be short of ideas again.

After finding those two lovely gifts under the tree, another squishy gift had my name on it..this time from DD2.  She had dragged convinced my DH to go to the fabric shop and buy me a set of fat quarters.  The gift is even more special as DD2 doesn’t “do” fabric shops.  She struggles with some shops that are overwhelming like bookstores and the fabric store has the same effect.  So for her to brave it and make it into the shop and buy me a gift is huge!  As you can imagine I was a puddle on Christmas morning!!  I’m so blessed to have two lovely daughters that gave me such thoughtful gifts.

I can’t sign off without saying thank you to everyone that sent me encouraging comments on my last post.  So many of you confirmed that the ipad and the like make it hard to comment, but that you are still reading.  It was so uplifting and I really appreciate all of you that commented and emailed.  For those of you that are interested…the first session with the children went really well… I’ll try and post about our projects when I can.

Until next time...♥

16 comments:

Timi said...

Flopsy is so lovely!!! It's made of 100% love! :o) Perfect gift from a daughter! :o)))

Terry said...

Flopsy is adorable! And I love those fat quarters you got! :0)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Wonderful gifts of love! Flopsy has love emanating from within and those FQ's are perfect quilty inspiration! Can't wait to see what you make with them,

eva said...

Awww, Flopsy is absolutely adorable! Would love to knit her "sister" to myself ;-)

Ellyn said...

oh wonderful gifts! I got a squishy bunch of fat quarters from dd2 here too! your bunny is charming!

Thimbleanna said...

Ok, that's the second post this morning to have a LCR -- it's a sign that I REALLY need to make one. Like you, I've been following Julie for a long time and never managed to score a rabbit. She's made SO many people happy by publishing her patterns!

Love your gifts -- you lucky girl. Can't wait to see what you do with those gorgeous fabrics!

Jill said...

I've loved those bunnies since the first time I saw them! Unfortunately, my daughter doesn't knit so it's up to me. I have the pattern and I'm just waiting for a project free time so I can devote my full attention to getting it right. What a wonderful Christmas you had. Fabric, quilt blocks book, and Flopsy, it doesn't get much better!!!

Janet said...

What a darling bunny!! Your daughter really is a knitter extraordinaire! You did get lovely gifts and the thoughtfulness behind them is heartwarming - enjoy!

audrey said...

Your little bunny is absolutely adorable! So sweet that your daughter made it for you. Sounds like you have some great kids.:)

Katherine said...

Your daughters are amazing (I would've been fighting the tears, too with such thoughtful gifts).

Flopsy is too cute for words! I too have had my eye on these bunnies and can't believe the beautiful job your daughter did. Wow. Enjoy those sweet girls! They're keepers. ;o)

anne bebbington said...

Absolutely LOVE that bunnikins - so sweet and so filled with love - may have to have a play

SuperMomNoCape said...

Oh I have those those bunnies since I first stumbled across her blog and was so happy when she started releasing patterns for them. They are on my to make list!

The one your daughter made for you is adorable!

Janet said...

oh my gosh, Flopsy is adorable! Lucky you. The other goodies you recieved are wonderful too.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such beautiful and heart felt gifts! Flopsy is just so adorable!

Susan said...

Floppy is adorable. I have three sons so the likelihood of one of them knitting one for me is very low. Lucky you to have such thoughtful daughters.

Tanya said...

I absolutely LOVE your Flopsy. Do I dare start knitting bunnies... I'm really tempted... Tell your daughter what a wonderful job she did!