Friday, December 13, 2013

Needlecase…

Last Tuesday my sewing group had an all day Christmas party and we all were given a lovely little project to work on throughout the day. It was a beautiful needle case and just the sort of thing that I would never make time to make, but because we were all there and all working on the same thing you felt compelled to join in.

What was interesting is that everybody added extra details or changed the design slightly to personalize it so they were all different.

I added leaves and the circles below my heart and leaves on the front of the with the flower.  I was keen to get it finished before I left and managed it with only 15 minutes to spare.  DH did the school run so I had a full day of stitching fun.  It was like been on retreat and I feel recharged and ready to tackle the rest of the Christmas rush.

Until next time...♥

10 comments:

Timi said...

Your needlecase looks beautiful! I like the special little details...:o)

Elizabeth said...

It is gorgeous, I love the colours

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chookyblue...... said...

nice needlebook..........

Shirley said...

Taking a day out to do something creative sounds like a great way of recharging the battery and you have made such a pretty and practical piece of stitching.

black bear cabin said...

so glad you found a little time for you! and now you have a cute little needle book :) needlework keeps us sane!

Jackie said...

I love learning new things in a group! It's inspiring! Love your needlebook.

Thimbleanna said...

Ordinarily I would think it crazy to plan such an event in the middle of all the hustle and bustle, but your post makes sense. A chance to refresh the batteries! Your little needlebook is adorable!

Andrea said...

Such pretty, happy colors!

Tanya said...

What a pretty needlecase! How did your group work out the details? Did someone provide the felt cases and then each person decorated it themselves? Did you give step by step instructions for making the case itself? This looks like something fun that my group would love to do.