Sunday, November 10, 2013

More than a Doodle...

Have you heard the term zentangle?  I did a few years ago when there was a bit of a buzz going on when quilters talked about how many of the designs looked like the same shapes and motifs you would find in quilting.  After making that association I complete forgot about zentangling until this past week.  I can’t even recall what got me visiting the Zentangle blog..but before I knew it was was doodling away.  Now DON’T laugh…I am NOT a drawer, but I had fun making these designs and thought I’d be brave and post them for you to enjoy.

This was the first bunch of shapes I played with on the back of a post-it note.  I love the basket weave…here’s the video on how easy it was to draw.

It’s fun to have a play with the shapes and I’m hoping the fluidity that I’m using to draw will transfer to free-motion quilting.

I love drawing the mushrooms…that was another video…  (Youtube can be just as dangerous as Pinterest sometimes!)

I’m curious if anyone else zentangles..if you do drop me a note in the comments :o)

Until next time...♥

8 comments:

Ellyn said...

love yours! I've been playing with it a bit too. fun fun and just sucks up time!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Hi Jane. Have you seen this blog? http://thequiltrat.blogspot.ca
Jill lives in London, Ontario and she has some amazing doodles! I love your mushrooms! I can' t believe you did all that doodling on one post-it note!

Timi said...

I have never heard about zentangle... But yours look great! I am going to watch these you tube videos...:o) Thanks!!!

Elizabeth said...

I think you are a drawer - your etchings are lovely, you do have a style. It will be interesting to see what you do with your doodles.

Audrey--Quilty Folk said...

How fun! My daughter Zentangles but I never have.:)

Thimbleanna said...

I have a friend that pins lots of zentangles. Yours are wonderful -- I'll be interested to know if it translates to your quilting style!

Katie said...

Zentangle is so much fun. I love yours, especially the first one. :-)

black bear cabin said...

ive always doodled...at least thats what i always called it, now it has a name. i do on occasion do stuff like this, though lately with my new job and all the training ive been taking i havent had a chance, but your post inspired me to share mine and perhaps get out my sketch pad again :)