Monday, October 07, 2013

Still Here…

It's time to come out of the woodwork and say, “Hellooooo”!  I know it has been too long since I’ve blogged when friends email to check I’m ok… yep, ok just been busy :o)  It’s also really hard to blog when I haven’t got anything new to show.  I’m still working on the same project (which I never do!!) determined to get the hand quilting finished.  I figure if I keep at it I won’t put it away like I have with so many projects before it.

I’m trying to be very good and stay on track, but it’s hard when one sees such clever ideas on Pinterest.  I might have to take a small break and test out this cool quilt block.  I love blocks that look really complicated but are actually clever construction.

Other things that are keeping me busy are family visits from relatives from Canada and enjoying the last of the autumnal sunshine.  We have been very lucky with the recent weather and I can’t help but wonder how long it will last…

Until next time...♥

12 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi Jane, Your hand quilting is very pretty. I love your autumn leaves. Good to read your are well.

Terry said...

I love the autumn leaves! Ours are just beginning to turn here.

audrey said...

Your quilt project is very lovely! I think I can resist hexies and then I see something like what you're working on and have to wonder!

Shirley said...

Know the feeling Jane. The stitching looks great and the block looks very clever. Will you be able to resist?

Ellyn said...

have missed your posts! the quilting is lovely. I also spotted that block and did try it out, very clever and fun to make

Janet said...

Your handquilting looks lovely! Enjoy your stitching and your family visit!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I want to try that disappearing four patch block too. Glad to hear you are fine. Take care and keep quilting. It looks lovely,

Elizabeth said...

It's always good to read a new post from you.
That's a clever block, it would look very interesting in a whole quilt.
Happy hand quilting, one day you'll have finished that quilt and be so pleased. I look forward to see the completed quilt.
Elizabeth

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Jane, your quilting is just beautiful! I'm having the same problem with blogging -- slow and steady progress, but not much new, so it's just boring! Hope you're having fun with your visitors!

sewkalico said...

Nice to hear from you. Well done on sticking with the hand quilting. I still have a quilt that needs handquilting/finishing, but I just never settle to it.
Autumn is definitely here in the UK, very brrr today!

Sarah Jayne said...

I know exactly what you mean. Life and work do get in the way.
Love the work

Mdm Samm said...

And so glad to se you again...you are missed..greatly.