Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Yorkshire Moors Part 1…

It's time to get back to the routine of early mornings and school runs, but not before I share the last of our summer holiday pictures.  The British Isles haven’t seen weather as hot and dry as this since 2006 and boy doesn't it do wonders to lift the spirits and put everyone in a good mood.  We were very fortunate this year to have two holidays this summer.  DH split his annual leave into two blocks allowing us to visit two very beautiful parts of the country.  The first holiday took us to Pembrokeshire (you can read about it HERE) and our second week was spent in the beautiful Yorkshire Moors. 

I haven’t spent anytime in the Yorkshire Moors before and was quickly taken in by its beauty and the friendliness of everyone we met.  Our first encounter of the friendly county was when we met the owner of the smallholding farm where we camped.  The Folly Hall Farm is a clean and well run site and I would highly recommend it.  Once we pitched and found the toilets we were right at home.

As camping and cake seem to have gone hand-in-hand this summer, DD1 baked a cake for the trip..this time a lovely Banana and Chocolate Chip Loaf.  It was delicious and just perfect with a cup of tea in the afternoon sun… Of course, the farm’s chickens thought so too and were over like a shot to see if they could beg a crumb or two.

As you can see we had a little bit of fun getting the chickens to perform for a treat and prove once and for all that chickens can fly :o)…or levitate! LOL

DD2 loved the animals on the farm and I have many many videos as evidence.  I think she was trying to be camouflaged in the long grass here as she filmed the chicken…though her bright blue jumper just might be letting that guise down :o)

My mother said I look like I’m about to cry in this next picture…lol  In actual fact I’m saying, “no more crumbs for you!”…sad times!

Moving on from the chickens, here are a few more pictures from in and around the site.  Stunning sunsets…

Sheep in the fields…

And a happy camper tucked up in bed with a good book…

Next time I’ll share some of the sights from around the area.  We only had 5 days in the region and as the weather was sunny and dry everyday there was plenty to see and do.

Until next time...♥

8 comments:

Liz McMahon said...

I love Yorkshire, but then my grandma was a Yorkshire Lass so I suppose it's to be expected :)
I'd love to get there while I'm in the UK soon, but don't know if I will. Looking forward to the next episode..
xxx

The Cozy Quilter said...

Sounds like perfect camping holiday weather! What could be better than reality entertainment that is not on tv and a good book while cuddled up in a quilt?!!!

Lynn Koeppen said...

Oh how I love to read of your holidays in England! My husband and I love it there. We did the Coast to Coast Walk two summers ago and ended our trip at Robin Hood's Bay. I think it is very close to where you vacationed! Those chicken pictures were great!

Rafael's Mum said...

Love your photos as always ! Especially the sheep, so atmospheric, looking forward to part 2 !

Timi said...

You took beautiful photos!!!
It seems you had a perfect holiday! :o)

Lorette Cole said...

Sounds like a great place to visit! Your photos are beautiful... great shots of the chickens!

Jane S. said...

What a lovely holiday you had! I'm very fond of chickens and seeing them jump for treats makes me laugh. :)

Thimbleanna said...

How fun to get a peek of you Jane! It looks like you had a wonderful vacation -- with beautiful pictures, as always!