Monday, September 16, 2013

More Hand-quilting…

I've been steadily hand quilting this quilt and I’m really pleased with how quickly it is coming along.  I try and stitch a little every day which has gotten easier now that the weather has turned distinctively autumnal.

The biggest challenge has been to think of creative ways to stitch the open spaces.  DD1 has been so helpful with suggestions I’ve only had to think for myself a few times.  She leaves for Uni on the weekend and I shall miss being able to turn to her in the evenings and tap into her creativity.

I only have about 5 more blocks to complete before moving on to the borders.  I still don’t have any ideas for that, but I’m sure inspiration will strike soon :o)

Until next time...♥

14 comments:

Janet said...

Your quilting looks lovely!!

Timi said...

This quilt will be beautiful!!!

audrey said...

Your hand stitching is wonderful! Such tiny stitches. The open spaces are tough for me too. Good luck on the borders.:)

Gertie Pye said...

Wow your hand quilting is so neat! I must get practising - I have the perle but not the patience!

Liz McMahon said...

It's lovely Jane, there's nothing quite like hand quilting is there, just love it..
xx

Lorette Cole said...

So beautiful! Great hand quilting too!

LynCC said...

Pretty!! I really love the little baskets. Need to make myself a basket quilt someday soon.

Elizabeth said...

Such lovely colours and perfectly even stitching. How about a feather border or a cable...?

Thimbleanna said...

{Swoon}!!! There's just nothing like beautiful hand quilting!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Such beautiful photos of your lovely stitching! And what a creative daughter you have to help with your designs!

Stephanie said...

I used to only hand quilt then started making more quilt tops than I could ever finish by hand. I find myself wanting to get back to some hand quilting. Your work is lovely.

Kate North said...

Looking good! Almost (but not quite) makes me want to hand quilt something :)

Karen said...

Beautiful work; lovely pictures!

Sarah Jayne said...

I do love hand quilting. So nice as autumn is upon us, a great way to keep warm. It looks a lovely quilt.