Friday, July 19, 2013

Summertime...

As I sit and type this I have a fan to the left of me, and a fan to the right of me and it is still HOT.  I’m not complaining, no not me!…We’ve waiting too long to have some proper weather.  In fact I’m convinced that because we had a proper winter…good and cold and snowy (like Canada) we are getting a proper summer (like Canada) :o)

As a result of all this super weather I haven’t been stitching much and really don’t have a lot to share with you.  Instead I’ve been reading, which I don’t often do, and sipping ice tea in the shade…bliss. :o)  These are proper lazy summer days.

Until next time...♥

11 comments:

audrey said...

The iced tea in the shade combined with reading? Sounds wonderful.:)

Andrea said...

Same here Jane - no sewing ! Too hot for me - never liked it. Roll on Autumn :-) xx

Leanne said...

Enjoy those lazy summer days, down here in Oz it is cold, grey, wet and windy. Summer can not come fast enough.

Cathi said...

I love the lazy days of summer, but the past week was way too hot and humid with humidex readings in the 40-46C range!

Thimbleanna said...

As it should be!!!!

Enjoy -- and stay cool!

lefuntz said...

Sounds like a heavenly way to laze away a summer day, except for the excessive temp that is.

Shirley said...

I think we have forgotten what a hot summer actually feels like. Not complaining either but wilting a little. Like you i am reading instead of stitching.

Katie said...

Sounds nice. Especially if it doesn't involve masses of mosquitoes! :-)

Sarah said...

Sorry, but us Australians are finding your heat wave kind of amusing. But then I discovered most of you don't have air conditioning. It's so cold wet and windy here, brrrrr. We don't have whole house heating here in many homes. Our electricity costs too much for that. We have the saying too that you need a proper summer to get a proper winter, ie a winter with significant rain.

Timi said...

It is sooo hot here too...
Have a wonderful summer!!! :o)

Katie said...

Funny enough, here in my part of Canada, we are actually getting a proper summer! Usually here in coastal BC, it's rainy and mild, but this year it's been hot! Hot enough that like you, I'm sitting in the shade with my cold drink and a magazine.