Friday, June 21, 2013

Lunch Bags… well, sort of…

Do you save patterns waiting for the perfect reason to make them?  I do and I have been sitting on Pink Penguin’s pattern for her lunch bag with a drawstring since she posted about it back in 2010.  Since then I have seen several variations on the web, but I was still waiting until I had the perfect reason to make one… Finally the occasion arrived and I have, in fact, made 2.  The first one will hold clothes pegs and the other…

Well, have a guess?!"

Just what can be found under the drawstrings?

Mugs all tucked up in elastic holders! (did you guess that?!)

When we go camping we like to drink from “real” mugs but there is always the issue of getting the mugs from point A to B in one piece.  So I altered the dimensions of the lunch bag and made little elasticated pouches for each of the mugs..now not only do they travel safely, but they travel in style! :o)

Until next time...♥

14 comments:

Tracy said...

They're brilliant and such a clever idea for your mugs. I hoping to use this pattern (with a little alteration) to carry a riding hat!

Lesley said...

Love your bag and how you changed it to fit the mugs. I made a couple of these last year...may be time to make some more!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a cool idea!

Sarah said...

Definitely a glamping adaptation to the lunchbag tute! I've been meaning to make one of these bags for ages they are so pretty.

YankeeQuilter said...

What a great idea! I may make one for my mug that I bring with me to quilt bees...

Terry said...

What lovely bags! They're wonderful! :0)

Katie said...

I'm still sitting on that pattern too! Love your adaptation for the mugs. Very creative. :-)

Thimbleanna said...

SO cute Jane! Those little bags have been on my list for a long time. It looks like you've found a few perfect uses for them!

Liz said...

Love the paisley peg bag X

Timi said...

I love your bags!!! They look fantastic! What a good idea for mugs :o)!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Jane in Wales said...

I would never have guessed mugs!! Great idea. They are lovely bags!

Shirley said...

Great ideas for both bags.

tich said...

These are so nice, and I love the mug carrier idea.

Cathi said...

Fabulous idea for transporting mugs! So stylish and so useful!