It's been awhile since I've run a giveaway and I've been waiting until my followers toppled over 400 but with my birthday around the corner I’m using that as an excuse to jump ahead and give you the chance to win a Craftsy Class. I joined Craftsy earlier this year when I wanted to make the Sew Together Bag… and think the site is pretty fab. Not only do you have access to patterns and forums where you can share what you’ve made, but they have great online quilting classes too. And today you can enter to win one of those classes…
“Learn the theory behind the quilt-as-you-go technique by working your way through a charming potholder before creating the “Tinker” patchwork bag from blocks you create on the fly. Tara shows you how to use scraps from your stash to build out from a single square using a freehanded approach that celebrates the uniqueness of each quilted bag. Whether you prefer straight-line or free-motion quilting, your extemporaneous blocks will blossom as your bag comes to life. Add a simple pocket or follow Tara’s instruction for a painless hidden zipper pocket. Learn how to add material to the bottom of your bag for extra durability and box corners for extra stability. Finish off your quilted bag with a magnetic closure and eye-catching bias binding. Or hand-sew an invisible binding for extra sophistication.”
What You'll Learn
- How to make a log cabin potholder using the quilt-as-you-go technique
- How to make a straight-line or free-motion patchwork “Tinker” tote bag from the included pattern
- How to construct a leather-bottomed bag
- How to add a simple, divided or zippered pocket
- How to attach a magnetic bag flap
- How to sew box corners to add a wide bottom to your bag
- How to assemble the lining and outer shell of the bag
- How to place a beautiful accent binding or invisible binding
What You'll Make
- A stunning tote bag made in the quilt-as-you-go technique
- A log cabin potholder that will make a great gift
How to enter:
- Click HERE to visit the Craftsy Site to sign up (it’s free) and enter the giveaway. (if you have any trouble seeing the page try using Firefox)
- One entry per person
- If you already have a Craftsy Account you can enter with your existing account.
- This giveaway is open to everyone.
- The winner will automatically have the class delivered to their Craftsy account.
- Entries close Wednesday, June 19th.
Good luck, everyone! And a big thank-you to Craftsy for offering Sew Create It readers the chance to win a free class!
Update: The winner is Nanette from Freda’s Hive! Congratulations!
Until next time...♥