Friday, May 03, 2013

Spring Butterflies...

L ast but not least my final quilt for Project Linus (at least for now).  I’ve been in a real sewing mood since Christmas and I think in an effort to chase away the January Blues, Flagging February and Miserable March I’ve been sewing like a mad woman.  Can’t fault me though, because for the first winter in a long time I didn’t lose my mojo and several quilts were made.

I love this one…The tutorial was from Red Pepper Quilts and it came together beautifully with matching points and no frustration.  A perfect match for a charm pack and a little bit of yardage.

In my case I was using what I had left from some of the Linus quilts I made earlier this year.  The blue was the offcuts from a backing from a previous quilt and the colourful fabrics where from my scrap box of 5” charms.

I quilted it with a loop-de-loop pattern.  It was very fast and was enough to keep the layers together while letting the pattern shine.  The pink in the borders was another offcut, but I didn’t have enough to make all of the borders from it, so I pieced it will another floral strip to make it wide enough to frame it.  A happy result and a better result than a solid border.

Until next time...♥

5 comments:

Kathie said...

this is so cute, a perfect baby quilt and donation quilt, that is so kind of you.
love the butterflies!
Kathie

ferne said...

I love making those butterflies and have made many myself. Love your colors!

Jan Baker said...

I think this came out beautiful, can't believe you made it with leftovers.

Thimbleanna said...

It's beautiful Jane! Isn't it amazing how scraps can come together to make a beautiful quilt? I love it!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

This is so pretty! Lovely color choices. I must try this pattern someday.