L ast but not least my final quilt for Project Linus (at least for now). I’ve been in a real sewing mood since Christmas and I think in an effort to chase away the January Blues, Flagging February and Miserable March I’ve been sewing like a mad woman. Can’t fault me though, because for the first winter in a long time I didn’t lose my mojo and several quilts were made.
I love this one…The tutorial was from Red Pepper Quilts and it came together beautifully with matching points and no frustration. A perfect match for a charm pack and a little bit of yardage.
In my case I was using what I had left from some of the Linus quilts I made earlier this year. The blue was the offcuts from a backing from a previous quilt and the colourful fabrics where from my scrap box of 5” charms.
I quilted it with a loop-de-loop pattern. It was very fast and was enough to keep the layers together while letting the pattern shine. The pink in the borders was another offcut, but I didn’t have enough to make all of the borders from it, so I pieced it will another floral strip to make it wide enough to frame it. A happy result and a better result than a solid border.
Until next time...♥