Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Back to Basics…

Sometimes you find yourself just in the need for something new...a distraction…even a steep learning curve just to shake things up.  That’s exactly what happened this week when I started looking at crochet… in particular, granny squares in crochet.



It’s not like I need another project!  I’ve got plenty to keep me busy, but after looking at blogs like Attic24 (who makes crochet look so idyllic) and watching clever videos I found myself buying some yarn having a go.  I have no idea how big this will get, but if I make a few squares as and when it will eventually grow.

Until next time...♥

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Chuckling - I don't think any of us need new projects! But sure isn't half the fun being inspired and having the "I want to" bug! Enjoy your grannies!

Canadian Abroad said...

I love crochet. Enjoy!

Quilty Conscience said...

I so admire you taking on something new. I knit and crochet but I knit in a method casually called "throwing" rather than the "picking" of Continental. I was teaching two women to knit and thought I would challenge myself to learn the new method...but gave up. Cheers! Toni

Jackie said...

I see a yarn stash in your future!

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha - need a new project or not, I spy another one LOL! I've been tempted too - congratulations for giving in. Love your colors!

Shirley said...

I have been trying this out myself this week but I have to say that the tension on your grannies look far better than mine. Good luck with it because it is looking great.

Lynda said...

Wow! They're lovely. A real blast from the past! (Just don't make them into a waistcoat, will you!)

Stephanie said...

I so very much want to master the granny square. I started a few years ago then had to put it down. Now that I want to do it again...I'm stuck! Crocheting is a lovely distraction. Love your colors.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Sometimes we need basic projects

Karen said...

How fun! I am also working on some granny squares; I think mine are going to be a bag of some sort. Perhaps for fruit or books. I have never seen the triangles before!