Monday, April 29, 2013

Look Mom, a quilt with legs…

I know, I know it’s a bit of a strange title but I'll will explain :o) But first let me show you these 2 quilts finished and donated to Lynda for Project Linus.  They are, of course, the Scrappy Trip around the World pattern which took the quilting blog world by storm earlier this year. 

In an effort to cure my illness obsession for feathers, I did an all over pattern of them, which on a domestic machine was a bit of a challenge!  I think I’m cured at least for the moment :o)

Here is a second quilt with a slight variation on the setting.  I really like this one in all it’s browns and beiges.

I did an all over meander which worked beautifully and gave it that crumpled look after it came out of the wash.

The backing is almost as interesting as the front.  Lynda had these panels donated to her and they are nice and wide and a perfect match for this quilt.

Now for the explanation of my post title… Before DD1 went back to uni I got her to hold up the quilts I’d recently completed in the garden and this picture made me chuckle out loud…it’s a walking talking quilt ..with LEGS! :o)

Until next time...♥

15 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

You have wonderful scraps in your quilts....any chance of us seeing a picture of your stash? Beautiful quilts, comme toujours!

Jackie said...

These are so pretty! i love how different they look. I've been thinking about making one of these...one (at least) is definitely in my future.

Katherine said...

Gorgeous! Love all that scrappy goodness along with your fabulous quilting, Jane.

Thimbleanna said...

They're beautiful Jane -- I love that pattern and it was fun to see it take over the internet. You're so sweet to always donate your quilts!

Shirley said...

They look great, legs and quilts.

Sarah said...

Love the quilts. Often my pics have quilts wearing slippers!

Lesley said...

Beautiful quilts!

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Oh I love quilting all over feathers - I make them pretty big and you can get a large area covered quickly. I love the trip around the world quilts too.

YankeeQuilter said...

Great quilts and using one of my favorite patterns! Your quilting is really nice...

Quilter Kathy said...

More beautiful Jane quilts! Great backing too!
Sorry to hear you are cured of your feather obsession :(

Jan Baker said...

They all came out great but I love the brown with the blue. I think I'll have to try it.

Lynda said...

And such lovely legs too!

Teje Karjalainen said...

So beautiful quilts, Jane! Very nice legs, too! x Teje

Liz@Violet Posy said...

They are so beautiful, I really wish I could sew something like this it's such a talent. Thank you for sharing them x

Michele Pacey said...

That last picture is so cute! It IS indeed a quilt with legs... I thought your quilt name was fitting just because it was a "trip around the world" quilt. Your reason is much more fun!

I love the jewel tone one actually. So very pretty!