Friday, April 19, 2013

Fabric on my doorstep…

Don't you just hate it when you are struck with a great idea for a quilt and you find yourself short of fabric..usually background fabric?  That’s exactly what happened to me as I went through my white on white fabrics and discovered I only had fat quarters and not the 2 meter chunk I needed to get started.  So what to do, what to do?  As my nearest LQS is about 18 miles away and ordering fabric would take days, I wondered, could there be anything closer?  I knew we had a fabric shop in town, but in the past she has mainly been dress-weight fabrics and fabrics for dance costumes, but I figured it was worth a look. 

Much to my delight the owner of Mo’s Fabric and Dance (on St. Matthews St. in Rugby) has just recently gone on a shopping spree and has brought in several gorgeous 100% cottons. 

The most expensive ones were only £8.99/m and many of them 54" wide!  Happy Days!!  I not only got the white on white that I needed, but also a range of other colours to feature in my next quilt.

Until next time...♥

11 comments:

Terry said...

What pretty fabrics! :0)

Katherine said...

Lovely! Glad you now have a closer choice for quilting fabrics, Jane. Looking forward to seeing what you will stitch up with these pretties. :o)

Canadian Abroad said...

Oh great prices! And such lovely colours too.

Allison Hazel said...

Beautiful fabrics and good job you found some too!

Lesley said...

Love your wonderful fabrics...great colors!

Lynda said...

I too have bought quilting fabric from Mo's, although it's not somewhere which would normally spring to mind as a first call!

Kathie said...

what a great surprise! love the happy bright fabrics.
its springtime and now I am wanting to work in fabrics like this too!
Kathie

Tanya said...

I wish we had a lovely little fabric shop that sold cottons in my neighborhood. But then maybe not as I do not need to be adding to my stash! (But now that you mention it I just can't seem to find the right stripe in my drawers... Maybe I WILL go to the fabric shop.

jodi@Pleasant-Home said...

Love your fabric choices! You will smile when you see a couple things I made this week! Our fabric choices are very similar... I'll be blogging about them soon!

Cathi said...

How fabulous that you now have a shop near to you and one with good prices.
Love the colours of the fabrics in the photo!

Liz said...

Love the green one with squiggles!