Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Yarn Crawl…

Boy, I hope I've remembered that term right...not a pub crawl but a yarn crawl…or was it a wool crawl?  Well, in any case, I did that with DD1 when she was home from uni in London over the Easter Holidays.  I’ve been meaning to blog about it, but only got the pictures off the camera today.

It was a bright and bitterly cold day, but I’d take that any day over soggy and wet especially when one is jumping on and off the tube hunting down the best places for yarn in the city.

Our first stop was Loop in Islington. I completely forgot to take pictures, but it was a lovely shop spreading over two floors. DD1 enjoyed browsing their selection of wool, but decided to wait until our next stop to part with her cash.

Next we made the short trip on the tube to Waterloo and visited I Knit London.  Again the camera didn’t see the light of day…I think I must have been so excited by all the colours I forgot to take pictures!  DD1 was in her element and quickly made her way to the hand dyed yarns that are dyed at the shop.  Even I was tempted and I don’t knit or crochet!

Next stop was Liberty and The Cloth House, which has two locations. The one I stopped in was all cottons in various weights and had DH and DD2 not been eager to find dinner I could have spent a lot longer and a lot more money in there. (It’s probably just as well!)

We also walked over to say hi to the Queen, but it would seem she was out for the day…sorry she missed us!  It was lovely to see everything gleaming in the bright sun..I’m sure everything is looking at it’s best what with the jubilee last year and all.

DD2 was thrilled to see so many famous landmarks during our trip out and now when ever anything in London comes up on the t.v. she can proudly say, “been there!”

Until next time...♥

6 comments:

Ellyn said...

I am dying to go back to London after our trip last year. we didn't do yarn stops (but did spend a good bit of time at Liberty!)

Canadian Abroad said...

What a fab day out and how nice that you can share the yarn crawl with them. Such a beautiful looking day too!

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, you lucky, lucky girl! I love London and when you thrown Liberty and yarn into the mix -- Perfect!

YankeeQuilter said...

London is still one of my favorite cities in the world! So glad you all had a fun time...

Lynda said...

Nothing can beat a day out in London! And to have a yarn crawl too, well, words fail me!

theredbootquiltcompany.com said...

Ten weeks to go and we'll be in London! yay! Loop and Liberty are on the top of the list :oD toni xx