Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Unique Gift…

Shopping for a birthday gift for a 10 year old girl can be quite a challenge.  Do you buy soaps and potions? toys? make-up?  So hit and miss depending on the child.  So when DD2 came home with an invitation for a party, I had to get my thinking cap on.  In the end, I decided that a sure winner was a bag with the child’s name.

Armed with a zipper pouch pattern and some fabrics chosen by DD2, I got this little beauty put together in no time.

The only criteria I had to meet was that it needed a clip on the side so a scoubie could be attached to the side... That was DD2’s contribution :o)

Until next time...♥

11 comments:

Timi said...

I love this bag!!! I think it is a perfect gift!!! :o)

mumasu said...

Very nice, just the ticket :)

Lesley said...

Beautiful gift...great idea!

Terry said...

What a cute little bag! I'm sure she'll love it! :0)

Canadian Abroad said...

Excellent gift!

Kate North said...

Cute! Funny to hear that scoubies are back again - they were all the rage when DD1 (age 15) was about 7...

SuperMomNoCape said...

That is a tough age for buy for. I think you hit on the perfect gift... a nod that she's growing up.

Janet said...

What a lovely gift!! Anyone - any age would love a bag so pretty with their name on it!

Lynda said...

Great little bag, and the scoobie is perfect!

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute -- looks like the perfect gift to me!

OPQuilt said...

I had to go and look up what a scoubie is--over here in the Western US, we have always called them lanyards (don't know what they call them on the East Coast). I think the little bag is the PERFECT gift--your daughter will be invited to all the parties when her friends see that lovely present.

Elizabeth E.
opquilt.com