Monday, March 25, 2013

More for Project Linus…

I sometimes don't know what I would do without Project Linus. It gives me a great excuse to sew and create with very little guilt… And sometimes it is really nice to take something that has been started by someone else and finish it so it can be put to use.  That’s exactly what happened with this little top. 

One of the ladies at the Tuesday sewing group I attend had made this darling little top and had it all basted for quilting.  She had started quilting it, but didn’t like the effect so was donating it to Lynda so someone else could finish it.  I don’t think Lynda had it in her hands for more than 10 seconds when my mouth engaged and I said, “I’ll do it!”

That afternoon I put everything else to one side and meandered to my little heart’s content.  30 minutes later the quilting was done and by evening the binding was sewn down.  The next day it got a quick wash and dry and it is lovely and snuggly just as a quilt should be ready to be returned to Lynda.  A job well done :o)

I’m almost 1/2 through my Linus quilts (much to DH’s delight…I think he is feeling a little over-run with quilts…) and have been busy getting bindings on as I go along.  I love these new Clover Clips for holding the binding on as you stitch…much better than pins that can poke you :o)

Until next time...♥

12 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

You are a star the number of quilts you make for Linus.

Thimbleanna said...

Very pretty Jane - you're so sweet! And what on earth did we do before clover cips????

Jane in Wales said...

What a sweet little quilt. But I am a bit puzzled as to why you should feel guilty sewing and creating?

Ellyn said...

you rock! I'm loving the clover clips for binding too

Shirley said...

Jane in Wales is right. Don't feel guilty for doing something that gives you pleasure. What is even better is the fact that it will give someone else even more pleasure. Carry on Quilting. You do it so well.

SuperMomNoCape said...

There are some really cute prints in that quilt... it deserved to be finished so that a little one can cuddle with it.

And I've recently discovered those little quilting clips too. I used to use bulldog clips but these are smaller and I like them much better.

Natasha said...

Such a great project and for a wonderful cause!

em's scrapbag said...

This little quilt is darling.

I am Just One Mom said...

Blessings to you for your efforts and generosity. Feels good to give. To help.

The Cozy Quilter said...

A day without sewing is like a day without sunshine! You bring sunshine into children's lives with your Linus quilts

Quilter Kathy said...

So soft and snuggly looking...love the texture!
And I love those binding clips too!

Kim said...

I can see how soft and snuggly this sweet quilt is. Just love this story.