Friday, March 01, 2013

Braiding…

Whoooosssshhh...did you see that? That was the last 2 weeks that just went by since I last posted..sorry about that!  I’ve been so busy sewing (and family life…) that I haven't stopped to take pictures and blog.  Looking at the date on the calendar, I figured I was overdue for a little update.

As you may recall, Lynda gave me some scraps from the Linus Stash and along with those I found the pieces all cut up and ready to go for a braid quilt.

As it seemed a shame to leave them in limbo I decided to use them as my leaders and enders while I was sewing together the Scrappy Trip quilts.

Before too long and with a little pink fabric I had left over from another Linus quilt I soon had a top together.  I have an idea how to quilt it so it won’t be hard to finish this one.

Until next time...♥

9 comments:

Janet said...

It's a lovely braid quilt! I love the pop of red :0)

Canadian Abroad said...

Nice bonus to find the fabrics cut and ready. The quilt top looks lovely.

eva said...

It´s wonderful! The colors works so well together.

Liz said...

Really pretty Jane.

Lynda said...

That looks so good! Why do people do all the cutting (one of my least favourite parts) and not the sewing (my favourite part!)?

Shirley said...

Looks great. Does your husband know?!!

Wendy said...

Time sure fly's doesn't it. Love the new braid quilt, very pretty.

Thimbleanna said...

Boy, that was quick (or at least it seems so from here LOL!) Those weeks DO fly by, don't they?

Kate North said...

Ooh, scrappy braids - that will have to go on my To Do List. Good idea!