Thursday, March 28, 2013

Another one done…

Back in 2009 I made three little blocks along with my friends from a local sewing group.  4 years later I have finally put them together to make this little, but bright quilt.  I originally thought I’d add to it, but decided back in February that it would be better just to finish it.  After a very snowy weekend I have not only managed to quilt it, but bind it. :o)

My eldest has on more than one occasion hinted that she really, really likes it, so it’s going to live with her and bring a little sunshine to her university dorm.

Until next time...♥

17 comments:

Terry said...

Good for you getting it made into something! It's beautiful! :0)

SuperMomNoCape said...

It's so pretty and bright and cheerful. No wonder your eldest wanted it for her own.

Lesley said...

Love your little quilt...it is so pretty!

imquilternity said...

It's gorgeous. Good for you deciding to finish it. It's really quite lovely and didn't need to be larger.

Ellyn said...

so bright and pretty! I know she will love having it!

Sue-Anne said...

It looks fantastic and it will certainly brighten up her room.

Sharon said...

It's beautiful. I'm sure it will bring her lots of joy.

Mack and Mabel said...

It's beautiful ;)

Canadian Abroad said...

Funny how kids can 'hint'. And it will brighten up her dorm room beautifully.

ukcitycrafter said...

What a lovely design and zingy bright colours. Well done for turning your blocks into a finished piece.

ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

Lynda said...

To say different people made the blocks, you've made a great job of putting it together.

Thimbleanna said...

Very pretty Jane -- I love your pretty, bright colors. I made a New York Beauty table runner once with a muslin foundation and said Never Again. The muslin stretched and moved -- it turned out ok, but drove me crazy. Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Jane in Wales said...

Oh, how lovely and cheerful! She will be the envy of everyone...!

Tanya said...

What a wonderful quilt! I have a pattern that I was planning to make but have never gotten the courage up to start. Beautiful colors!

Quilter Kathy said...

It's gorgeous! Congrats on a great finish! It will bring lots of life to the dorm!

mandymunroe said...

Love the colours!

Juliann in WA said...

What a beautiful quilt. Makes me think of a spring garden in full bloom.