Thursday, February 07, 2013

My Secret Obsession…

Lean in...that's it...a little closer...I have something to share with you!  I can’t stop…nope not gonna either…

I just love making these blocks and I know I’m not alone

After I finished the top for this scrappy trip I was itching to start another, so I contacted Lynda, who is our Linus coordinator, and asked her of she had any strips or scraps in the Linus stash that I could use to make another scrappy trip.

Lynda produced a big bag of scraps that had recently been donated and told me to have a rummage through.  I tell you there is nothing more exciting than perhaps a kid in a candy shop, than to rummage through someone else’s scraps!

There was plenty to go at and after 2 afternoons pressing and cutting I had more than enough strips to make not only one quilt…

…but two! :o)

One quilt will be all browns and greens and the other is going to be all brights.  Both will get finished for Linus once I can stop the obsession for piecing! LOL

Until next time...♥

12 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your secret obsession is no longer a secret...I have been know to have quilting obsessions myself. I understand completely! Nice quilts for Project Linus!

Karendianne said...

Enjoying your secret obsession!

Donna quilts said...

Isn't it true - rummaging through someone else's scraps (or better yet - stash) is so much fun. You never know what you'll find!

Thimbleanna said...

That's too funny! Where oh where will it end? Do you think you'll be scrappy tripping 5 years from now? 10? LOL! They're looking awesome!

Janet said...

Made me smile :0) Enjoy your scrappy tripping!

Needled Mom said...

Those are going to be wonderful!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

So Pretty! I was just looking over Quiltville's patterns last night dreaming of future Project Linus projects once I get my current stash of UFO tops quilted. Nice work!

Lesley said...

They are both going to be so pretty! Good for you!

randi--i have to say said...

These quilts are just so pretty! I love the scrappiness!

webmistress said...

When you can make such fabulous quilts with scraps, why do people give them away?!

Shirley said...

I think the quilts will be as well loved as you are with making them. Perfect combination.

Tanya said...

I'm enjoying the Scrappy Trip Around the World too! It makes such a cheerful quilt and is a great way to use up scraps. The problem for me is QUILTING IT. What are you going to do?