Monday, February 11, 2013

More Big Quilting…

A few weeks ago I shared a few tantalising pictures of the hand quilting I’ve been working on in the evenings and I thought you might like to see a few more pictures and an update on progress.

I have made my way to the bottom edge and now only have a bit of sky to complete on the top before I move on to the borders.

I’ve been trying to be quite organic with the quilting and not worry too much about it being exactly right.  For most of the landscape I’ve tried to echo the shape spacing the intervals between quilting lines at about 1”.

In the case of the mountains I took my daughter’s advice and quilted in the relief you might see on the edge of a mountain range.

And for the snow I’ve done my best to create snow drifts :o)  Don’t those cows look happy to be frolicking in the snow! LOL

I’ve left the houses to pretty much stand alone and haven’t added quilting in buildings as I wanted them to kind of puff up against the background.

I’m so excited to see the finish line in sight for this project after too many years of it being “in progress”.

Until next time...♥

10 comments:

Gertie Pye said...

This quilt is wonderful Jane - love the snow drifts for the cows to play in!

Terry said...

it looks wonderful! I can't wait to see the whole thing as I LOVE lighthouses! :0)

Sheilaf said...

Jane, that looks terrific. I cannot wait also to see it whole.

Liz said...

Great progress Jane

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- it looks great Jane -- your quilting is beautiful!

Paula, the quilter said...

I have this pattern! Plus two others from Piecemakers. I am so glad to see it worked up. Congratulations.

LynCC said...

It's really fantastic. Sooo close now!

Nic said...

Lovely work. I love how you're changing the thread colour and size of your stitches to give the effect you want

Jackie said...

You're quilting this beautifully!

Lynda said...

This quilt is fabulous! (I'm not sure about it having been 'in progress' when it's been in a drawer, but we'll draw a line under that!)