Tuesday, February 05, 2013

A New York State of Mind…

Hopping along from blog to blog I have noticed there are many of us determined to get some of the older projects out of the cupboard and sewn up into something useful.  I’m no different and I have been taking stock of my U.F.O.s (unfinished objects)

One such project is these NY Beauty blocks made a couple of years ago as a block lotto between myself and some local friends.  I held on to them thinking I would make more and add to them, but I know in reality that is never going to happen…so out of the cupboard they go and sewn up into this charming little quilt which I will eventually finish for Project Linus.

As an aside, when I was taking pictures, I happen to like the effect of the light coming through to the back and the stain-glass effect from the seams…

Until next time...♥

14 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

What a brilliant shot of it in the window. It will make a great wee quilt for someone. I love it when UFOs suddenly find a purpose.

Kathie said...

its adorable and will be loved by some baby. so nice of you to donate it to Project linus
I have always wanted to make a NY beauty quilt
Kathie

Jackie said...

Love it!! You should definitely finish this one! Love the stained glass effect too!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Good to get those UFO's out of the closet and finished up! I have three quilt tops done and ready for backings. When they are done, I can start a new project! (Or two, or three...)

LynCC said...

Wow - yes - that made a particularly gorgeous stained glass effect.

randi--i have to say said...

The blocks are very pretty and they look amazing with the light coming through!

Thimbleanna said...

Very pretty Jane! Congratulations on finishing up another UFO!

Michele Pacey said...

Oo, love those colourful New York beauty blocks. Isn't it nice to see them off the shelf and sewn into this pretty quilt top?

sewkalico said...

It's great! Well done Jane!

Sharon said...

What a smart way to handle a project you are not so interested in making bigger anymore. I love it as a stained glass.

Shirley said...

I like your thinking Jane and thought that our group could have a collective block amnesty and see if we can make them up into something suitable. You always have great ideas. Love the stained glass idea. Are you going to have a go at making it?

Lynda said...

The stained glass window looks a bit scary - all that teeth! (Or do I have crocodiles on the brain?)

Leanne said...

Amazing it looks like another quilt.

Tanya said...

Love the stained glass effect.