Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 Round-up…

One of the nice things about the end of the year is that I can look back and see just how many projects I completed in 2012 and I have to admit I’m rather surprised.  Even more so as it's not even the complete list as I have yet to blog about the things I made as Christmas presents…that will have to be a post in January as the pictures are still on the camera :o)  Some items weren’t big and some items were things I started before 2012, but just the same a finish is a finish and it was really nice to get a few things crossed off the list.  Here are some of my finishes in 2012…click any of the pictures to see the original post.


This little purse was made earlier on in 2012 and has proven to be invaluable.  It is just the right size to hold a thimble, a spool of thread and a pair of scissors.

A Lynne Anderson kit for a pin cushion was a great project to start the new year with and so useful too :o)
This was the first of 2 bargellos made this year in an attempt to reduce the scraps piling up in the cupboard.  I love how quick this pattern sews up and I can’t wait to make another. I made this quilt over the last 2 years with a local group.  The book it is from is Lynne Edwards’ Sampler book.
This was the second bargello made with 2” strips.  If I had to pick a favourite for the year then this would be it.  It now lives on my bed and I love looking at all the fabrics.  This was the second sample quilt made along with the one above.  All made from homespuns and old shirts it is incredibly comfy.  In the end I over dyed it with beige dye to give it an aged look.
Another scrappy challenge and again such good fun to put together.  This one was given to Project Linus.
There were a few project along the way for Project Linus, some where I might have only done the quilting or stitched on a binding.  A worthy cause and one I plan to continue to support in 2013.

This was my Cheddar Cheese quilt made a couple of years ago.  Again it was a great scrap buster.
This was another favourite in 2012.  The granny craze swept through blogland and many of these quilts were made.  If you haven’t made one, then get to it!  These blocks sew up quickly and it’s fun to play with the colour variations.  Here’s the original link and here’s Lynda’s variation on piecing them which I found made them even easier to piece.

When the original cover for the basket grew old and tired I made a new one…

My mystery quilt from a few years ago finally got finished and put to good use.

So there you have it…my little round up of 2012.  Along with quilting and sewing I also managed to contribute to the 112 in 2012 challenge.  I didn’t quite finish it, but the pictures I did take I’m quite pleased with.  There is a 113 in 2013 group starting if you think you might like to join in this year.  I found it was quite helpful to have a running list of things to focus on and it made me take pictures I wouldn’t have otherwise. 

Well I’ll sign off here as my last post of 2012.  Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

Until next time...♥

19 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

Wow! You did some huge and fabulous projects in one year. So many to be proud of.

Shirley said...

Happy New Year Jane. I am looking forward to 2013 being a very happy and creative one.

Amys Crafty Shenanigans said...

Great year of lovely projects - and here is to another fab year in 2013!!!

Sue-Anne said...

You achieved a huge amount of finishes in 2012 - congratulations! Wishing you and your family a happy, safe and prosperous new year.

Jane in Wales said...

I am very impressed! And they all look lovely. Wishing you another creative year ahead!

Paula, the quilter said...

Happy new year! That is quite an impressive group of accomplishments.

Sheilaf said...

Wow, you achieved a lot more than I did, well done. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Ann J said...

A very productive year Jane !Happy New Year to you and your Family!!!!!

Luv...Ann J

Katherine said...

Fantastic finishes, Jane! Lots of beautiful stitching by your talented hands in 2012. Inspiring!

Wishing you a wonderful 2013... Happy New Year!

YankeeQuilter said...

Wonderful finishes! Happy New Year!

Liz said...

Happy New Year Jane and family X

Kim said...

Oh what a wonderful year of sewing! You accomplished much and had such good fun. I too hope to sew a few stitches this new year...not a stitch was sewn in 2012. Boxes were packed and houses were moved and now off to vacation until spring thaw resumes. Only then will I have hope of unpacking all things quilting. Happy New Year...

Timi said...

I like all your works!!! They are so beautiful filled with love!
And the pin cushion : ♥!!!
I wish you a Happy New Year!!!

Lizzie said...

You were very productive last year Jane!! I just joined the 113 group so we'll see how I go with this one. Have a happy, healthy and creative 2013...!
Lizzie
xxx

Di said...

Happy New Year, Jane! I love your project finishes for 2012, particularly that Great Granny quilt - so fresh and colourful. Project Linus would have been thrilled with your beautiful quilts too <3. Here's to more fun and creativity in 2013!

Katie said...

I'm impressed. Lovely finishes. :-)

Happy New Year!

Tanya said...

Wow... You got so much done last year! Here's looking forward to seeing all you do and all your pictures in 2013!

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like a great year in quilts Jane -- Congratulations! And...Happy, Happy New Year!

amandajean said...

You had a beautiful and creative year, Jane! Congrats. Here's to another! Happy New Year!