Saturday, November 10, 2012

Works in progress…

I've had one of those weeks...one of those really good weeks where I got things DONE. :o)  Several tops that have been tops for a long while have been turned into quilts…one of which dates back to September 2007! And a few new projects have been started with very little guilt as they will use up a lot of these :o)

Hopefully the light will be decent enough in the next day or two to take some finishing pictures so I can share with you the 5 (count them 5) quilts that are done done done :o)

The last few evenings have been all about sewing the bindings, but now that they are done I can turn my hand back to my applique houses.

I bet you would love a sneak peek right of some of those finished quilts? 

Ok, here’s a pic of the quilting on one of the quilts.  The colours are a bit washed out, but it gives you an idea :o)  I saw Liz’s quilting on her red and white quilt and liked it so much I decided to have a go.  I believe she got the idea from Angela Walters.  Such fun to quilt and very achievable on a domestic machine.

Until next time...♥

6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

There is nothing that feels as good as a good sewing week with great results to show for it.

Quilter Kathy said...

OH my...you have really been working hard on your quilts...can't wait to see!

Amanda said...

I could do with one of those weeks too; I don't seem to be achieving much at all at the moment. Your quilting looks perfect.

Shirley said...

You have been a busy bee. Can't wait to see what you have been up to.

Trudi said...

Love the border for your house, and the quilting is wonderful, and so easy to do too! :)

Thimbleanna said...

Ooooh, that quilting looks awesome -- can't wait to see the whole thing. And your house block looks so fun too -- I'm going to wish I were making them!