March 2009 does really seem that long ago, but that’s when I, with a friend, ran a Mystery Quilt Day at my local quilt group. We ran it where each person brought so many strips and so many HST and then on the day there were told how to put them together. To increase the mystery further the instructions were only for 1/4 of the quilt and to get the full effect one had to sew all 4 quarters together. Since then I have seen several of the quilts turn up at exhibitions and show and tells, but never had I finished my own…that is until now.
In each of the 4 corners there was an empty space which could be used for quilting, applique or as I did on my quilt, a bit of stitchery.
I opted for meandering quilting through all the white spaces, but didn’t stitch over the stitchery. Instead I let it puff up and act as a feature.
It turned out better than I hoped and is a nice lap sized quilt which will be going to Project Linus.
Until next time...♥