Monday, November 05, 2012

If I’m not bloggin’

…I must be quilting :o)  It seems that I am once again apologising for not posting more frequently, but given the choice to sit and sew or sit at the computer, I’ve been choosing the sewing... and as a result I’m getting lots done.  Do you remember the scrappy bargello that I completed in March?  Well, it is almost done.  I just need to attach the label and finish the binding.

I had auditioned several threads for the quilting but opted for one that was variegated and had many of the colours found in the quilt.

I had seen a quilt with tear drop like quilting early this year (sorry can’t remember where or who) and thought it would be a great design for this quilt.  It is simple enough, but just a bit different from meandering.

It was good practice too as I had to curve tears drops down and around for 1/2 the quilt and then when I worked from the centre out for the second half they needed to be reversed so they would all be going in the same direction.  I’m thrilled with how well this turned out and I think it was completed just in the nick of time as the weather has gone colder…  I think we are going to need extra quilts this year to keep warm.

Until next time...♥

7 comments:

Liz said...

Looks like a rain chain Jane.

Susan Standen said...

Love that quilting. I would have buggered up and gone the wrong way!

Miriam said...

Beautiful! I love your fabrics and the tear drop quilting design is great!

Shirley said...

Too right Jane. It is a very cold and frosty morning here in Somerset. Quilting gets the job done and it will soon be keeping you snug and warm. Missing you though.

Lynda said...

that's a great design - simple to do but really effective. Just my kind of thing!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, it looks so pretty Jane! I love variegated thread for scrap quilts -- it's always too hard to decide on just one thread color!

Stina Blomgren said...

Well done of you... Premiere the sewing is the right choice!!!! Love that quilting!!!