Saturday, November 17, 2012

Doing the Happy Dance…

As promised, pictures of the recent finished quilts :o)  First it is The Scrappy Bargello.  Started in March it has 1812 individual squares.  There weren’t all sewn one by one, but rather I used Bonnie’s great tutorial to strip piece it.  I’m thrilled with the results and for me this is a keeper and has gone straight on the bed to keep me warm as the nights draw in.

Next is this little quilt for Project Linus.  They are, in fact, 5 orphan blocks from my Crossed Canoe class that I taught this year.  (You can read more about that HERE.)

Lastly is this quilt that was started at a Project Linus day.  Someone had started to piece together the Rose and Hubble fabrics and I just carried on, but added the white triangles to try and lift it from being too dark.

It was machine quilted with loop-de-loops and a few hand quilted hearts in the centres of the white squares.

Finished projects can only mean one thing….it’s ok to start something new!

Until next time...♥

17 comments:

Contented Caroline said...

Just lovely Jane - was sorry to have missed you at Rocheberie today. Hope everything is good with you.

Trudi said...

Lovely finishes, it's always a good time to start something new I'm my opinion!

Andrea said...

Hurray for finishes - love the Bargello. How about starting Bonnies new mystery quilt next Friday ? xx

Quilter Kathy said...

Fabulous finishes! I especially love the scrappy bargello!

supermomnocape said...

Your scrappy bargello is beautiful. I've bookmarked the instructions you linked to so that I can make one someday too.

Terry said...

Your scrappy bargello is fantastic! It looks wonderful! :0)

Lesley said...

Beautiful quilts! Especially love the Scrappy Bargello...it is gorgeous!

Janet said...

What a lot of quilting - you certainly deserve to start something new! I love the scrappy bargello - you will enjoy sleeping under it :0)

Amanda said...

I really like your scrappy bargello - that's a lot of squares to get lined up accurately! And I love the colours in your Crossed Canoe quilt, very subtle.

Susan Standen said...

The Bargello is stunning. And you did it so quickly considering all the work that went into it. Most certainly it should be a prized quilt.

Liz said...

Happy dance indeed, mental image of you shaking your booty now won't go away!

Ellyn said...

beautiful work! I love your bargello! Can't wait to see what's next

Shirley said...

Great finishes Jane you have definitely earned yourself a new project start although I treat myself to a new start at any given opportunity.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Wonderful finishes! Don't you just love starting something new? I am working on finishing up some projects so I can start something new too.

Lynn Koeppen said...

Nice job! Don't you love finishing? It is so satisfying!

Lynda said...

I don't know anyone who hasn't fallen in love with their Bonnie Hunter Scrappy bargello, and yours is fabulous! Also well done with the navy and red scraps - looking good!

Thimbleanna said...

WooHoo! They all look great Jane -- Congratulations!!! (Now, can I sent you my UFOs LOL?)