This is pretty big news...I've finished the top to my Sew into Solids quilt. 7 months ago (ack really that long!?) I started the Sew into Solids challenge with Katherine. Back in June, Katherine finished her quilt (that is top, quilting and binding) while I seem to struggle to keep at it. The challenge was to use only solid fabrics and I challenged myself even further by only using 3 colours; red, grey and blue.
Never did I think I would struggle to make the 144 HST blocks or the 68 nine patch blocks, but I did. I love working with scraps and this solids project was just that little bit too same-y and well, quite frankly, I found it quite boring at times.
But after taking a break from it and truly indulging myself in scrap blocks, I decided the time was right to look no further and get the beast together.
With 12 blocks measuring 15” finished, plus sashing and borders the top measures 65”x83”
I’m glad I did it and I do love the results, but I think it is going to take another big dose of motivation to get it finished.
I haven’t got a Scoobie-Doo how to quilt it, but for now I’m pleased it’s done and will wait for the next round of basting to get it sandwiched and ready for quilting.
Until next time...♥