Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sweet Sewing…

Over the last month I have been doing more handwork on my Home Sweet Home Quilt.  (You can read about the first block here)  My favourite thing at the moment is Sunday evenings with a little hand sewing, a glass of wine and Downton Abbey!  Quite indulgent, I know, but more comforting than apple pie! :o)

Block 2 used a lot of bias stems and some of the curves were quite tight, but in the end I was as pleased as I was ever going to be with the flatness of these spirals.  I’m so grateful for Roxanne Glue-Baste-It as it made holding these curves and spirals so much easier.

There are lots of opportunities to practise inny and outty points, which I think I’m getting better at.

This is the finished house and I really love it…

That’s 2 done.  Now onto block number 3.

Until next time...♥

11 comments:

Lesley said...

Your house block is beautiful! Love your choice of fabrics and your excellent appliqué. Well done!

Janet said...

Lovely! So very lovely! I'd like to pop over and join you on a Sunday evening... if only :0)

Ellyn said...

beautiful work! I can't wait until season three of Downton Abbey starts here. We're so addicted...

Lynn Koeppen said...

Nice job! I have never done a spiral. Yours looks great!

Gramma Rita said...

Love it! You do beautiful work!

Amanda said...

That's such a pretty block, and so much applique practice too!

Gertie Pye said...

Ooooo I love these little houses! So pretty - and very neat stitches. I like to have a hand sewing project on the go so once I have finished my daughter's Christmas Stocking I might have a go at an applique mini quilt kit I have.

sewkalico said...

Amazing!!!

Shirley said...

I've got my knitting ready for Downton. Your house looks lovely. You should call it Grantham Lodge!!

Katie said...

It's looking fabulous! I agree about Glue Baste-it! WOnderful stuff!

Thimbleanna said...

Oh how fun! I LOVE those spirals. this is going to be a wonderful quilt!