Friday, September 28, 2012

Bet you didn’t see that coming…

Never in the history of my blog have I posted an idea in one post and then in the same month posted the finished top!  Thanks to your encouragement, I got these red and white blocks together.  I think I like it though I do still find it rather busy!  That said, I think it will be better once it is quilted.  I was thinking Baptist fans might be a nice quilting pattern? What do you think?

I still can’t believe that I had just the right number of blocks; 22 signature and 63 pieced ones.  Who knew that 85 blocks works as a set-on-point quilt!

I’ve really been jumping around with my sewing, but I’m hoping to get my Sew into Solids quilt finished next and then get a few of the quilts I’ve sandwiched finally finished as quilts…that is of course if I can resist yet another new project :o)

Until next time...♥

19 comments:

Andrea said...

I love it - there's a lot going on but it's not so busy that it's all jumbled up - well done Jane xx

Contented Caroline said...

Wow, looks stunning Jane - well done you for putting all those blocks together.

Susan Standen said...

Wow! There is a heck of a lot of work in that quilt top to have got it done so quickly.

Lesley said...

Spectacular, stunning, stupendous. Get my drift? You have a work of art here....congratulations!

Gertie Pye said...

This is a fantastic quilt Jane. Very striking - and a very impressive turnaround time!

Ellyn said...

it's wonderful!

Terry said...

Congratulations! It looks fabulous! :0)

Thimbleanna said...

It's beautiful Jane -- I love it. I especially like the way you arranged the blocks ... hmm...not sure how to describe them ... the blocks that look like a cross with a heart on each end. They really stand out when looking at the quilt and I love how they're placed. Great Job!

Needled Mom said...

It looks great on point.

Janet said...

It's looking wonderful!! I always like Baptist fans.

Ariane said...

Your quilt top looks wonderful!! I can't wait to see it all done. The baptist fans would look great with this quilt.

Amys Crafty Shenanigans said...

Wow this looks like a lot of hard work went into it! Incredible!!

sewkalico said...

Wow!!! Lovely!!

Katherine said...

Oh, Jane! It is absolutely GORGEOUS. What a jaw-dropping beauty! Bravo.

(Don't you love it when the numbers come together? This was meant to be...)!!!

Katie said...

Wow. Yes it's busy but how wonderful it is. Everytime someone sees it they will see something new!

I always think bapist fans are a good idea. :-)

Lynda said...

What a fabulous top! And a fabulous way to use up signature blocks successfully! I think Baptist fans will be great, but what colour thread?

Rose Marie said...

Love it and I'm glad that you gave it a try!

Poppyprint said...

Holy!!!! That's a wonderful quilt.

*karendianne. said...

Gosh, what beautiful piecework and appliqué. I just love the heart blocks. What a great visit.