Wednesday, August 08, 2012

112 in 2012 (#18)

Here are 5 pictures taken on our holiday in Devon during one of the most glorious weeks the U.K. has seen all summer.  We were so lucky with the weather and had a wonderful week at a caravan in Westward Ho!.  I’m sure there are more from my holiday that will fit into the categories set by the “112 in 2012” challenge… but I thought I’d start with just a few…

9. Afternoon
This was more like evening, but just too beautiful not to share.  :o)

41. Doorways
Taken at Clovelly Court..a doorway within a doorway.

4. Bubbles
Taken by my 9 year old daughter.  She has kindly allowed me to share it as my entry for bubbles.

71. Emotion
This owl's expression is definitely showing an emotion...I'll let you guess which one!

92. Blurred or Bokeh’ed background
Taken at Westward Ho! during a stunning sunset.

Until next time...♥

13 comments:

Jane S. said...

Your daughter did a fantastic job with that bubbles picture! I love it.

Such a cute little owl, too. My cat gets that same expression on his face. :)

Rachel said...

Wow, great photos! I love the sunset!

The owl looks a bit disgusted ;)

Ali Honey said...

Loved your photos. I had a good look around Clovelly on their web sites, looks a magic place ( I missed when near ).
My favourite has to be the owl. Wow how close were you?

Chookyblue...... said...

great pics.........

Cathi said...

Fabulous pictures! I love the doorway within a doorway one.

Terry said...

Great pictures! I love the bubbles! :0)

black bear cabin said...

Those are lovely Jane :)

Shirley said...

The owl looks most disapproving and your daughter has obviously inherited the genes to take fabulous photo's. It is my favourite. We had such a lovely holiday at Westward Ho many years ago when my girls were little. You were very lucky to choose the one week of summer where the sun was out.

Timi said...

Beautiful photos!!! Specially the first one..:o) And the owl!!!♥♥♥

Frances Arnold said...

Love the pictures. It would sure be fun to Thread-paint the owl!!!

Thimbleanna said...

As always, they're gorgeous Jane! I hope you didn't use up all the pretty weather last week!

Katie said...

Wonderful photos. My uncle lives in Devon, but I've never been there.

Quilter Kathy said...

Just beautiful photos Jane...each one is my favorite!